How much would this be worth?

[VictorinoX]

• Members

I have an Ibanez Prestige RG2610E that I love. Well, I loved it when I bought it, because I was REALLY into Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai. But, for my tastes, the guitar is just too much trouble with not enough tonal variety. I'm thinking of selling it to help pay for a Gretsch G5122 Hollowbody.

It's a single pickup guitar with an Edge Pro Tremolo bridge. Single Volume control with a 500K pot. Black finish with creme binding around the body. 24-fret Wizard Prestige Maple Walnut neck with a rosewood fretboard and shark-tooth inlays. Neck has white binding, and so does the headstock, which is also black.

It's in perfect condition. I bought it used for $515 (talked down from $1000, MSRP was $1200 new), and replaced the stock Seymour Duncan TB-10 "Full Shred" with a DiMarzio Evo Bridge. Only work it needs is a slight neck adjustment and to be set-up and restrung. So, how much do you guys think I could get for it if I sold it on CL or just locally? I won't try GC, because they took my old 7-string, gave me $150 for it, then turned around and made a $200 profit off of it by selling it for $350. That really got to me.

• Members

You should really post a pic. Someone would only be able to give you an estimate based on your model of guitar.

According to MF, Google, etc. The guitar can be purchases new for 999$ plus tax and/or shipping.

So you start from 50% and work your way up. I would say about what you paid for it.

515$

• Members

Looks like everything is in decent shape. I would try and get 600$ for it. And BTW, this may be just me but, I wouldn't be going around advertising this:

"Perma-bann'd on UG (same username there), so I came here."

I know, I have it there in case I run into anyone I knew on UG, they'll know who I am. That's all.

And thanks for the help.

Archived