Bugera V-22 video on top of 4x12

jhall

• Members

I've only used the stock speaker, but to get sounds close to that it's gotta be pretty loud. I'm guessing he was pretty dang cranked there.

All volumes were on 7 (Very loud) including gain.

But it really wasn't too bad as I was close enough to the cab so the most impact went past my legs and not straight into my ears

• Members

is this amp loud enough to gig with?

IMO No.

I din't even think the V-55 is myself. Though I usually play through a TonePort and headphones (by the way they DO sound excellent through some decent moniters), I prefer to use a Twin Reverb for gigs with a Tube Screamer and a Blackstar HTdual. Then you get kick ass headroom and sparkle and crushing distortion when needed and enough volume not to worry about being drown out or having no clean hadroom.

• Members

is this amp loud enough to gig with?

hell yes. I've been gigging mine ever since I got it. We usually play rooms with a 200-300 person capacity and it's more than loud enough. Hell, I usually use it on the 13 watt setting. I've only had to set it at 22 watts once and that's because the club owner surprisingly asked us to turn up. The next day there was a review in the paper and they said the band was too loud. lol

btw, I gig unmic'd and run the guitars and bass right off the stage. Only thing we mic is the vocals and kick drum.

My band plays classic rock, hard rock, and southern rock.

I suppose for ear shattering brutalz or loud jazz that needs a ton of clean headroom this amp wouldn't cut it unmic'd but for the type of stuff we do, and we're one of the louder bands in the area, it's fine. I actually got this amp because my 30 watters were too loud to really be able to push the tubes into that sweet spot. This amp hits that spot perfectly.

• Members

any amp is loud enough to gig with if you mic it....ive never played an a gig where I wasn't mic'd.

This, I've got an amazing recording somewhere with one of those crappy Fender Champion 600 amps miced and I love the sound.

• Members

I couldn't hear what you were saying in the demo. Is this straight in to the V22, no boost or OD pedal?

Straight in no processing no post processing. Just Guitar, wire, amp, air Mics

And idiot playing guitar :facepalm:

• Members

Sounds good man!

I hope you are wearing ear plugs standing next to a cranked amp like that.
:cop:

Thanks for the clip.

Wasn't too bad where I was standing. Most of the sound was bloeing by my knees really. If I stood back 15 feet or so then it was unbearable.

• Members

Straight in no processing no post processing. Just Guitar, wire, amp, air Mics

And idiot playing guitar
:facepalm:

I've been looking at this amp for a while, and it will more than likely be my next purchase.

I appreciate your demos. You're a solid contributer. :thu:

• Members

I don't know why more people don't use a combo that they like and a 4x12 cab. Then when you need 'just a combo' you grab it and go. When you need something bigger you take along the 4x12 too. I loved using my 40 watt tube combo with the 4x12 that I had. I didn't use it enough so eventually sold it but it was quite a way to fill the house with sound!

Archived