Surf Green Telecaster?

Super Rad!

• Members

haha I've been looking for seafoam- the maple board is the killer- if you're talking in general, they made mim versions with matching amps. But if you want MIA with a maple board, you pretty much have to go custom shop and bend over.

• Members

My buddy is having a "Super T" guitar built for him at the moment by "US Guitars". They are out of WI and produce some great guitars. His is going to be, sea foam green w/matching headstock, maple board, body binding, humbuckers, locking tuners, flame neck...for less than a Fender Deluxe.

http://www.usmasters.com/

Plus, there prices aren't too bad, call them for a price though.

• Members

Speak to da Tweedle

IMG_2257.jpg

:D:D

My surf green AVRI Tele is still my #1.

IMG_2983.jpg

As Brian said, apparently Fender released a surf green Tele as part of the 50s Tele line a while ago, but they're incredibly difficult to find.

Mine is an American Vintage Reissue '62 Tele Custom, but they only come with a rosewood board. You could always get one and swap out the neck for a maple one.

Or, as others have said, you can build your own.

Fender put out a Special Edition surf green Tele, but it has a matching headstock. I'm not sure if you want that. Here's a link to one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SPECIAL-EDITION-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ260570633454

• Members

:D
:D

Fender put out a Special Edition surf green Tele, but it has a matching headstock. I'm not sure if you want that. Here's a link to one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SPECIAL-EDITION-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ260570633454

Those are the ones with the matching amps I was talking about- but if you want MIA, you are screwed- check out wildwood's pages- there are SWEET examples of exactly what you and I are looking for; unfortunately, the prices are ... well... fender custom shop prices

• Members

All these pictures are driving me crazy, those are some seriously nice looking guitars.

As for going the Warmoth route, how difficult is it to install the electronics? That's the hurdle that's been keeping me from doing that already.

EDIT: After checking out what Warmoth has to offer, that seems like a really cool option. I haven't been to their site in a few years, and last time I checked it out, things were not nearly as customizable. Will they install electronics and whatnot?

• Members

True but they're pretty freaking close bro. Even Reranch considers them the same.

ReRanch doesn't consider them the same because they aren't the same.

Here's their color sample for seafoam:

reranchstore_2073_3070433

Here's their color sample for surf green:

reranchstore_2073_323716

• Members

Since we're showing off Surf Green Teles, just something I made while messing about in Kisekae. I'd love it. Maybe one day
:)

378840673.jpg

This is beyond the {censored}...love the transparent surf green...very sweet!:thu:

• Members

Yeah, that binding is the bee's knees.

I'm not too big on the green headstock on the others, but those are still amazing looking. I just wish these were easier to find. I've got an agave blue MIM Tele from 2002 that's awesome, but it's got a few quirks and I'd like an upgrade. I really love the 50's Strats, but Telecasters are just so fantastic I don't know if I can make that leap.

Archived