Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pickguard would look good on this tele?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude. where can I get this pickguard?? i think it would look sweet on my black tele. pm me please!! haha
    Originally Posted by Karl Verkade

It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.

Custom Tele/Reverend Six Gun>POG2>Strymon OB.1 Compressor>Timmy>Super Signa Drive>Little Green Wonder>Ernie Ball VP>M13>RV-5>Tweaker

Formerly known as awscheibe1126

Comment

The black is by far the best choice
      ma band
      Domanationband.com

Amps Guitars
      Rectoverb American Deluxe HSS Strat
      Laney vh100 Squire Classic Vibe Tele
      Reeves superlead high gain
      Classic 50

Comment

dude. where can I get this pickguard?? i think it would look sweet on my black tele. pm me please!! haha

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/El-Dorado-HandTooled-Leather-Tele-Pickguard?sku=301000
        kulardenu's words of wisdom - "Even those Floods kick the Mascara off a Clown Burst any day..."

Comment

Can I get a quick review of that Tele? Im in the market for one right now, and am considering a American Special, Highway one or maybe a Roadworn.

Oh yeah, put a gold pickguard on that.

I haven't ordered it yet. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gonna be happy with it. Wildwood has this Thin Skin (used) for a pretty decent price:

Comment

The paisley looks pretty cool:

Comment

How about, instead of a Tele with a white body, a Tele with a black body?

The black body will take those fancy paisley and tortoise pickguards much better than white. Those fancy pickguards seem to clash with the white.

Comment

How about, instead of a Tele with a white body, a Tele with a black body?

The black body will take those fancy paisley and tortoise pickguards much better than white. Those fancy pickguards seem to clash with the white.

The American Special is only available in white and 3 color burst. My only objection is to the black guard. It would be simple to replace with a white one to make it look like a proper Fender and not a Squire or some other knock off. Butterscotch blond ('52 tele ri) looks great with a black guard, but a white tele body with a black guard just looks wrong. The 3 color burst is OK, but Fender makes them too dark these days:

It should look more like this with a yellowish-center:

Comment

Working...
                X