Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best age to release a debut album?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best age to release a debut album?

for one's debut album to come out?

19-21---- 22-26--- 27--29?

i think the middle option is the best... you're still young enough but you have enough maturity to get you through the stresses of touring and recording and whatnot

When it's done would be my guess...
    You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

I'm thinking 52
      No sig.

Comment

seventeen

Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Comment

for one's debut album to come out?

19-21---- 22-26--- 27--29?

i think the middle option is the best... you're still young enough but you have enough maturity to get you through the stresses of touring and recording and whatnot
          22-26 ??? .... maturity ??? I laugh
          Originally Posted by book_of_lies777

.......... if you practice the wrong things, you can get real good at not being very good.

Originally Posted by aenemated

I question many things about a person that does not love the Ramones.

Comment

I don't think it should matter but,...the younger you are, the sooner you might fade away. Or make a fortune into old age.

Too hypothetical a question.

I'd just like to have at least one debut that I was proud of. At any age.

When I get there!

Comment

When it's done would be my guess...

Finished? Details aren't relevant here.

EG
              We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Add Tag...

Comment

Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

I don't think it should matter but,...the younger you are, the sooner you might fade away.

There's always a possibility of that happening. I was around 10 years 'old' when the first single was released and a few years later the first album came out. And now, some 4 decades later, I still haven't faded away. On the contrary, actually

Comment

Lennon and Ringo were 22 when Please Please me was first cut While paul was 21 and George gasp 19
                      Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded-Yogi Berra

Comment

i'm shooting for 60-ish...maybe 62-ish after i retire and have more time......
                        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                        "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

"Doh!" - Homer Simpson

listen to our music and leave your scathing comments here - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=961846

when i was young(er) than now - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1025354

Comment

When you have enough good songs to make a good album.
                          weebz wrote:God appeared to me in a dream and said "Thou shalt post on Guitar Jam"

Comment

well with this band, I'm 38, my first ever release was when I was 17.

I think it really just depends upon when you are in a position both musically and financially to do it.
                            Shane Dunn-Official Site- band updates, gear info, links

Neros Opening Act/When In Rome

Comment

At whatever age you are when you figure out that your age is about the last thing to worry about when you're making a record.
                              The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. -- John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                              X