NGD: Oh My God, It's Finally Here

Carbohydrates

• Members

Pics first. You and I both know why we click these threads.

JM001-1.png

JM002.png

JM003.png

JM004.png

JM005.png

JM006.png

So this here is my Ron Kirn JM-style, ordered back in January and patiently (kinda) awaited since! Ron's a great guy to deal with. Our email conversation is a good 76 messages long at this point, and he's always fast to get back to me on whatever little issue I feel like annoying him about at any given time.

Ash body, white blonde finish, one piece birdseye neck (7.25" fretboard, 1.650" nut width, bigass soft V profile), Schaller locking tuners, Mastery bridge, Novak pickups, various other stuff. Just the way I wanted it! It's basically spec'd out such that if Fender were to have introduced the Jazzmaster in 1957, this is what it might have looked like, hence the maple fretboard, single-ply 9-hole pickguard, and other details. I made exceptions for the tuners and bridge for playability reasons.

Tone report tomorrow since I don't have access to my amps right now. :(

Also, sorry for the varying quality and lighting of these photos. This computer doesn't have Photoshop so I couldn't edit them, and I couldn't quite (read: didn't feel like trying too hard to) get the aperture dialed in for the lighting. Oh well!

Archived