Whats the first song.....

fu2jobu

• Members

You remember listening to and really liking?

I remember Classics IV Spooky being the first song I just couldn't get out of my head. Recently added it back on my regular playlist.

A little later I discovered Kiss which blew my mind at such a young age. Then at the age of 13 I found Black Sabbaths first album at my grand mothers (one of my cousins must have left it) and that really kick started my musical journey.

So whats the first song you remember grabbing you by the boo-boo?

• Members

When I was around 7 or 8 I discovered my mom's old Jan & Dean 8-track and listened to that repeatedly for awhile. Especially Sidewalk Surfin', Little Old Lady from Pasadena, and Dead Man's Curve

-Kit

Ha! I discovered Jan and Dean when they aired the TV Movie (On February 3, 1978, CBS aired a made-for-TV movie about the duo titled Deadman's Curve). Good stuff. Kiss and Jan & Dean at around 9 years old.

• Members
This is embarrassing but I reeeeeeeallly liked "What's love got to do with it" as a child.

That's OK. I reeeeeaaaalllllllllllyyyyy liked Peaches & Herb's 'Reunited' :facepalm:

The shine wore off quick so I'm not that embarassed about it..... really. Remember 'Short People'?

• Members
"American Woman" by the Guess Who. My 2nd grade buddy had the record and played it for me at his house. I was absolutely fascinated with the fuzz lead, I had never heard that sound before.

Hmmmmmm... something a Tech21 American Woman might help you achieve??

:idea:

/spam

• Members

The first one I remember vividly?

Genesis - "Who dunnit" off the Abacab album.

Don't know why, but as a young lad in 7th or 8th grade, that one really grabbed me.

Wow, I have a notoriously bad memory and my first 'real' song was from when I was 6 or 7 years old.

• Members

Cliff Richard & The Shadows' Travellin' Light. Hey, it was 1960 and I was only nine years old ...

Actually, it was probably some kiddie stuff by Danny Kaye or someone when I was still a toddler ...

• Members

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good.

The sound of that opening guitar with the vibrato (or is it a Rhodes?) really grabbed me, and the lead-in to the guitar solo is still one of my favorite little musical moments.

I believe she was also responsible for my lifelong lust for petite brunettes! :love:

Archived