BG Powered With A Duesenberg Multibender / Lap Steels Rock!

Quarter

• Members

Beautiful.

I'm woodworking challenged, how do you cut the slots for the purfling in the fretboard?

Thanks :) ... I cut the fret marker slots with a thin kerf blade on a sled I built for my table saw.

I set the blade to peek up out of the base about an 1/8" then run the board over it.

• Members

As soon as I get her strung up I'll definitely have more pics in all her glory. In the mean time, here is a stock pic of the bridge thats going on it. Its one of the Dusenberg multibenders

Thanks
:)
... I cut the fret marker slots with a thin kerf blade on a sled I built for my table saw.

I set the blade to peek up out of the base about an 1/8" then run the board over it.

Brilliant.

Those bridges are very cool. This guy knows what's up.

T0mMlc7ELIk

• Members

Thanks all :)

I'm looking forward to putting the bridge through its paces. Its a nicely made unit, and for what they charge it should be. Only place to get them is out of Germany for around $300 shipped.

Anyways, I should have her singing today, got most of the hardware mounted yesterday and the shielding done. Only wish I could have more time with her once she completed. Its for a player in Texas that is heading out on tour next week.

• Members

Thanks guys :)

I got a call from the customer that commissioned her and he was just blown away. Beyond her being easy on the eyes, he was really digging the BG in there, as usual Bryans winds never disappoint.

Archived