Anyone here going to Chicago next saturday?

Baddass

• Members

I live about 5 miles north of the stadium. I'm avoiding the area.

I also have a big problem with a festival that is designed to raise funds for a recovery house on a tropical island that only the ultra rich can afford to go to.

• Members

I also have a big problem with a festival that is designed to raise funds for a recovery house on a tropical island that only the ultra rich can afford to go to.

I totally agree.I hope Eric dont fall asleep on stage however, I know I would if I were in the audience. But hey, He is the greatest thing since pockets on t shirts!

• Members

Nah, I don't think so. I only live about 100 miles away, but I saw Clapton once (in 1987 at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI), and it was one of the most boring shows I've ever attended. Throw in with the potential dullness of the festival (too much yuppie blues for my taste), with the Chicagoland traffic, and getting ripped off paying tolls on the freeways, and "I don't think so," becomes the name of the game for me.

• Members

Cool, someone asks if they're going to the festival and it turns into a Clapton and Treatment Center bashing thread. You must be proud of yourselves. I'm so happy for you.

I live about 60 miles north but my days of all day events have past. I'm seeing Clapton 2 days later at Summerfest. 7th row center.

As far as the Crossroads Treatment Center goes, check your facts. It also provides treatment for locals who can't pay.

• Members

:facepalm:

Honestly: Unless you are sarcastic you must be brain dead.

• Members

Why? It's a pretty valid viewpoint

...not.

The point why he's doing these festival is to help those who can not afford to visit this foundation. If it was for rich people only, he wouldnt need to make those festivals or at least he would not donate the money that is earned by it.

Recovery is possible and is often lifesaving. Crossroads Centre sits peacefully on the quiet shores of Willoughby Bay Antigua. Known for its gentle trade winds and serene environment, Antigua is the perfect place to begin the journey of recovery. Mr. Clapton, a longtime resident of Antigua had himself experienced the healing nature of this beautiful island and set out to share this experience with others. Central to this vision was the principle that the clinical program be of the highest caliber and that financial assistance be available to those who need it. Crossroads Centre is a not- for- profit organization which has stayed true to its mission and objectives to fulfill Mr. Clapton

• Moderators

...not.

The point why he's doing these festival is to help those who can not afford to visit this foundation. If it was for rich people only, he wouldnt need to make those festivals or at least he would not donate the money that is earned by it.

If he wanted to help, I think it'd probably be more beneficial to focus the help to a number of treatment centres where they'd be accessible to addicts across the world, not an exclusive 32 bed clinic on a Caribbean island, costing from $20-30k.

http://www.crossroadsantigua.org/program_costs.aspx

That place is aimed at one group of clientele only

• Members
If he wanted to help, I think it'd probably be more beneficial to focus the help to a number of treatment centres where they'd be accessible to addicts across the world, not an exclusive 32 bed clinic on a Caribbean island, costing from $20-30k.

That place is aimed at one group of clientele only

^^ This.

• Members

Wow.

The guy helps but you don't like the way he does it. How much money does he raise for the clinic anyway and when he auctioned his guitars, didn't the money go to the same place?

I don't know about you all but EC does a hell of a lot more to help people than I do.

• Members

Cool, someone asks if they're going to the festival and it turns into a Clapton and Treatment Center bashing thread. You must be proud of yourselves. I'm so happy for you.

I live about 60 miles north but my days of all day events have past. I'm seeing Clapton 2 days later at Summerfest. 7th row center.

As far as the Crossroads Treatment Center goes, check your facts. It also provides treatment for locals who can't pay.

Have fun at Summerfest. Unfortunately, this year's edition of Summerfest (and other people I've talked to here at work feel the same way), seems to be classic rock deluxe. Oh well, to each his or her own.

• Members

Have fun at Summerfest. Unfortunately, this year's edition of Summerfest (and other people I've talked to here at work feel the same way), seems to be classic rock deluxe. Oh well, to each his or her own.

Thanks, I'm sure we will have some fun. If it wasn't for Clapton we wouldn't be going at all. Summerfest has become to "family friendly" and waaaay to crowded.

On my first time at Summerfest we had a riot with Humble Pie. Good times......

Archived