Tomahawk Guitars "Telehawk" bodies on eBay

• Members

http://shop.ebay.com/gipper38/m.html

Here's one that's getting me going at present:

!BusZkbgBmk~$(KGrHqF,!hsEv1+0Ew7oBMB(hke

Anyone here bought one of these? They look sexy as hell. I accidentally (OK, not really :facepalm::p) won a really sweet purpleheart/flame maple neck on eBay and thought that, with such a heavy neck, a heavy maple body like this might be a good match. I don't mind a Telecaster being too bright; that's what a tone knob is for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi there,

I am Brian from Tomahawk custom guitars. Thanks for the positive comments on my body design. Frets99 you have a good eye!!! The guitar was inspired in part by the Reverend Double Agent as I own a FM version of that guitar and have been a fan of Joe Naylor's designs for a long time. The body design was initially meant to use all Telecaster parts but I do offer the body in several configurations. I have made them with TOM bridges, regular hardtails, floyds and am currently building 2 using the new Schaller Hannes bridge. I also offer rear mounted controls as an option. I also have added a double cut version as well. Check out http://www.tomahawkcustomguitars.com/ and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks - Brian

• Members

I'd like to see one assembled.

I think it just looks odd with the regular tele hardware. I DO like the body shape and the idea, but maybe it's just the control plate? Rear mounted might be the answer....but I think a proper pickguard designed to compliment the body would really be the key. :poke:

• Members

Going to the website I notice that he only routes for 2 pups. What if I want 3 pups? I'm right on the fence. I don't have a tele right now as I was offered an unGodly amount for my last one. I want a Telehawk with Strat pup routes, a Strat bridge route & a Tele control route at that weird angle. That would be fitting of my forum handle. And I'll run with no p/g, thank you veddy much.

• Members

...I don't mind a Telecaster being too bright; that's what a tone knob is for.

Actually, that's what selecting the best tone capacitor value is for. ;)

I like the Telehawk's slanted Strat-like pickup selector.

TeleHawk on left, Frets99's Reverend on right.

IMG_1479.jpgAAreverend01-1.jpg

• Members

Again thanks for the nice comments about the body shape. As far as some of the questions go rear routed controls are doable as well as trems and hardtails. Here is an example of one with a walnut cap. This one is a double cut version with rear routed controls and is routed for a Floyd Rose.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/Gipper38/walnut1.jpg

Brian - Tomahawk Custom Guitars

• Members

FWIW I don't know what I really want yet. But I did ask about one and Brian got right back to me with a price. 50% down is very reasonable.

Brian, you seem like a straight up, good business man. I hope you make a small fortune in your business venture.

I know, best way to make a small fortune is to start with a large one.

Archived