EFFECTS!!!!! Suggest me a fun one!

• Members

So I have a one spot with five spots. I am currently running:

-Toadworks Meat Jr (boost w/ fat switch) into...

- EffectsPedalBoutique SRB-808 (modded ts-808 w/ a couple toggles for clipping and fatness) into...

-TC Polytune into my amp, then the effects loop has...

-BBE Two Timer (analog delay w/ footswitchable times, bout 330ms)

I want somethin else.

I play (gasp) punk rawk (totally inferior, I know) with the occasional raggae/ska bit and then sometimes we get kinda hard ish core ish. I dunno. (Ever seen air heads, when the guy asks them what kind of music they play...)

Anyhoo, the extra plug is itchin a hole in my paypal account, I want another effect, open to ALL suggestions, spam me even, providing these criteria are met:

-QUALITY, true bypass, good components, you know

-Small, mxr style enclosure or smaller ala echo baby or malekko omicron (damn pedalboard space!!!)

-Must run off 9 Volts (or at least a voltage that has a respective 1 spot adapter piece)

-200usd is pretty much my limit, but cheap is good!

So, what's floatin your boat right now???? I'm open to ANY style effect, SUGGEST!!!!

• Members

Phaser.

Works for the '70's reggae sound (pretty much a staple of Marley stuff) and it's great...super great...for thickening up the solos for anything from classic rock through punk...it was very big for fattening up solos in the '70's, thick Thin Lizzy, EVH and such.

I recommend the MXR CSP-026 Handwired 1974 Vintage Phase 90 Pedal, skip the cheaper Phase 90's. But if you want true bypass you'll have to swap the switch out yourself or get one of the boutique clones.

• Members

I'm having fun with phase as of late, it's a lot more versatile effect then I would have thought. Evh phase 90, though there are a ton of them out there. Not sure how well it fits with punk, but it might.

The most useful effect that I have ever used is a loop pedal, something like 30 seconds or so. Improved my playing immeasurably. Doing leads over a made up chord sections. Also it really pushes you with you song composition, love it as tool, just a great help. I use the EHX SMMH, but you have delay already, so that is likely not your best choice, the delay on there is nice too though, fun. maybe sell the bbe?

• Members

My bassist has a wah, a {censored}ty wah, but a wah. I play with it sometimes. It sounds fun for this and that, but I don't like havin to stay in one spot, I'll get a wah eventually though. I kinda need to get better.

Octave pedal eh? That vid was fun, I can see using that for leads or crafting some kind of organ sound from it.... I'm intrigued.

Looper pedal, want one! But right now I want something to use live. I agree whole-heartedly with them as practice tools. The best for learning leads. Currently my roomie has the big green line 6. But he's moving. This is also in the "eventually" catagory.

As it stands, I'm currently leaning towards the malekko omicron phase, but still, suggestions welcome.

• Members

I made a thread a long time ago called "hey this is andy from proguitarshop.com"

I wonder what is sounds like if he talks "dirty" (and I don't mean overdrive)

Upon further thought (DANGER) I've realized that like the beatles/elvis, one must either like andy more, or gearmanndude more. You can like them both, but not equally.... thread idea......and whichever you choose says a lot about you. Are you a slob or a corksniffer?

Edit: just tried to find that thread but I guess not. Appearently I started one called don't be jealous of my boogie, and I don't remember doing that at all. If only I would forget my password when I drink!

• Members

This one is on my GAS list: Blackout Effectors Twosome Dual Fuzz.

http://www.moogaudio.com/blackout-effectors-twosome-dual-fuzz-p-2621.html

[YOUTUBE]FrSaz_i7fE8[/YOUTUBE]

(***I can't see the video because I'M at the office and Youtube is blocked... I hope the link is working...)

Edit: This pedal might be a bit large on your board but it is two pedals in one. You can get one "half" of it! ;)

Archived