Interesting, did a comparision between graphtech saddles and roller bridge . .

etawful

• Members

Primarily because I wanted the locking posts (this is on a tune-o-matic bridge just for reference).

So, I have had the Graphtech/TonePros on the guitar for a few months, and decided to slap a Wilkinson roller bridge on there instead (hey it was only $25, worth a shot).

Okay, although I really don't need a roller bridge (or graphite for that matter) since I don't have any type of trem on this guitar, I have to say I really like what the roller bridge did for the tone.

Once I swapped to this, I noticed an immediate increase in clarity, and a bit of accentuation on the highs.

The GraphTech saddles were great, but I think the tone is much improved with the roller saddles in the Wilkinson.

It's also much more comfortable while palm-muting, etc. no sharp edges.

Now, I may decide to swap out the graphite saddles for steel in the TonePros bridge at some point just to experiment, but I gotta say . . . for $25, this thing ain't too shabby and sounds better to my ear than the GraphTech (which was triple the price).

• Members

I have yet to hear anything negative about that Wilkinson bridge. any pics of your guitar with the bridge installed?

I'll try and get some later this evening or tomorrow. I haven't really had a chance since I did the install.

• Members

i liked that bridge alot until it started buzzing like crazy.. then it hit the bin.

What started buzzing, just out of curiosity? I'm guessing the rollers (I can see that happening in the future possibly). If mine started buzzing, I'd either track down the cause and figure out a remedy, or, for $25, just order another one. They're cheap.

• Members

:love:
Definite eyegasm!

BTW I haven't heard anything bad about any Wilkinson bridge.

Thanks :) She sounds almost as good as she looks (in my hands, in the hands of someone competent, I'm sure she'd sound much better).

• Members

The only negative thing I have to say about the Wilkinson bridge is that it is a bit of a pain to intonate as you have to move the string to get to the allen screw. I had one on my Douglas but replaced it a while back with this one:

yhst-50206111187217_2107_17094618

• Members

What started buzzing, just out of curiosity? I'm guessing the rollers (I can see that happening in the future possibly). If mine started buzzing, I'd either track down the cause and figure out a remedy, or, for $25, just order another one. They're cheap.

G B & E rollers... only took about 2 weeks for it to start.. a month for it to start making the strings start to mute themselves... tried lubricants, grease, jamming paper in there and squeezing the saddle tighter in a vise... eventually just went back to TOM with polished saddles and haven't looked back.

I probably just hot a bad one, might try another one again sometime.

• Members

The only negative thing I have to say about the Wilkinson bridge is that it is a bit of a pain to intonate as you have to move the string to get to the allen screw. I had one on my Douglas but replaced it a while back with this one:

yhst-50206111187217_2107_17094618

I have that one in chrome on both of my bigsby equipped guitars and they work just fine...:o

• Members

I put one of these roller bridges on a jackson hardtail import. I thought it made both a great improvement in tone and looks.

I sold the guitar, though, right before I had a baby. Now, I only have 1.

Z

• Members

got one of those on an LP with a bigsby. I love it! Sadly I changed out the pickups and put a bigsby on the guitar at the same time so I'm not sure which of those improvements made the biggest difference in sound. but hey, i'm not complaining

Archived