Gibson SG Firebrand

VeritasAequitas

• Members

I was just introduced to this type of SG a few days ago, and I was wondering what your thoughts were about them. From what I understand their made from walnut?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how do they compare to other SG's tone wise. Also, if any of you have experience with them please share. :thu:

• Members

I was just introduced to this type of SG a few days ago, and I was wondering what your thoughts were about them. From what I understand their made from walnut?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how do they compare to other SG's tone wise. Also, if any of you have experience with them please share.
:thu:

Had one for awhile and liked it. Wide, flat neck, nice sounds. Traded it away for something fancier. Mine was this model:

firebrand.jpg

firebrand-4.jpg

• Members

I have the predecessor :

IMG_0961.jpg

A buddy of mine has the firebrand SG and its a great guitar.

I knew that there was a reason that I liked you! I had a walnut The Paul that I unfortunately lent to a 'buddy' who sold it for coke before he skipped town. Even had the black pickguard like yours. Hmmmmm.......

Never mind, the wood pattern is different.

I knew that there was a reason that I liked you! I had a walnut The Paul that I unfortunately lent to a 'buddy' who sold it for coke before he skipped town. Even had the black pickguard like yours. Hmmmmm.......

Never mind, the wood pattern is different.

lol.

I bought mine in 1998. Took the pick guard off this year and put a Rose Alnico humbucker in the neck.

• Members

Had one for awhile and liked it. Wide, flat neck, nice sounds. Traded it away for something fancier. Mine was this model:

firebrand.jpg

firebrand-4.jpg

Okay, I want one. Where can I get one? I'm guessing it's discontinued and I'd have to trade my left testicle for it.

• Members

Yea they look cool I was looking at the SG version though I have some pretty bad GAS for it just wanted to make sure how would the firebrand handel genres such as alt, indie, hard rock, and classic rock, along with some grunge here and there

It's a guitar, so it can probably handle those genres.

• Members

I've had an SG Firebrand, as well as a "The Paul." I liked the SG a lot. It had a wide neck, but with a more shallow carve than the current Standard. The frets are those super flat frets, but they get the job done. Pretty sure mine had an ebony board as well, which was nice. It also had the dirty fingers pickups, and they sounded great.

• Members

firebrand.jpg

firebrand-4.jpg

But this one's a 335-S, right? The 335 with an 'S' for "solid" as opposed to semi-hollow.

Is the Firebrand SG a different model or was this series of the 335 solid also called SGs?

• Members

Is the Firebrand SG a different model or was this series of the 335 solid also called SGs?

The ES-335 "S" is a solid walnut ES-335 with a small body. I remember seeing one once. I wasn't impressed, but I might've been impressed if I actually played it. Probably heavy as a ...

As for Firebrands in general, when I see used Firebrands, they are usually Firebrand SGs. If I'm not mistaken, the Firebrand Les Paul is a sub-class of The Paul series -- all of which I believe are walnut.

GibsonThePaulTheSG.jpg

Archived