Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson SG Firebrand

I was just introduced to this type of SG a few days ago, and I was wondering what your thoughts were about them. From what I understand their made from walnut?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how do they compare to other SG's tone wise. Also, if any of you have experience with them please share.

I don't know about tone, but I do know that they were budget versions of the SG and Les Paul.

Max
    http://www.hotboxrox.com

To know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop.

Comment

i think they came with the "dirty fingers" pickups..
      very cool, simple guitar, i always dug how the logos were carved instead of screen'd or inaly'd..
      2x4 Telecaster build - | - killer HC search

Comment

I was just introduced to this type of SG a few days ago, and I was wondering what your thoughts were about them. From what I understand their made from walnut?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how do they compare to other SG's tone wise. Also, if any of you have experience with them please share.

Had one for awhile and liked it. Wide, flat neck, nice sounds. Traded it away for something fancier. Mine was this model:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Originally Posted by Anderton

Wake up. Regardless of what they say, all politicians serve the same masters - who are not the American public.

Comment

Had one for awhile and liked it. Wide, flat neck, nice sounds. Traded it away for something fancier. Mine was this model:

that....is allll kinda awesome...
          Member of the SG Army

Comment

What's with the first fret inlay? Everyone knows only blocks and sharkfins can be put on the first fret.
            Epi Les Paul Studio / Fender Nashville Tele / Vester Stage Series superstrat > DS-1 > Crybaby > Bad Monkey > CE-5 > RV-5 > Epi Valve Junior

Yamaha BBV > Crybaby > Peavey Minx

Wanted: Knobs from Yamaha BB series, battery cover for MXR 2000 series, and pickup covers for Epiphone

Good deals with: Fusion1, Mr JinX, Ryan Trevisol

Member of the Epiphone Empire

Comment

What's with the first fret inlay? Everyone knows only blocks and sharkfins can be put on the first fret.

I guess they forgot to tell Gibby?
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Originally Posted by Anderton

Wake up. Regardless of what they say, all politicians serve the same masters - who are not the American public.

Comment

I have the predecessor :

A buddy of mine has the firebrand SG and its a great guitar.
                Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
                McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
                MarkWein.com

Comment

The Paul?

Comment

The Paul?

Yeah. The Walnut body is pretty cool sounding.
                    MarkWein.com

Comment

I've always really wanted those. I love SGs, and the very straightforward, simple design is so slick.

Comment

I have the predecessor :

A buddy of mine has the firebrand SG and its a great guitar.

I knew that there was a reason that I liked you! I had a walnut The Paul that I unfortunately lent to a 'buddy' who sold it for coke before he skipped town. Even had the black pickguard like yours. Hmmmmm.......

Never mind, the wood pattern is different.
                        Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                        Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                        Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                        Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

wouldn't mind a "the paul" at all.

Comment

I knew that there was a reason that I liked you! I had a walnut The Paul that I unfortunately lent to a 'buddy' who sold it for coke before he skipped town. Even had the black pickguard like yours. Hmmmmm.......

Never mind, the wood pattern is different.

lol.

I bought mine in 1998. Took the pick guard off this year and put a Rose Alnico humbucker in the neck.
                            MarkWein.com

Comment

thanks for the god damn gas!

Comment

Working...
                              X