Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the WORST album you ever purchaced?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the WORST album you ever purchaced?

Been seeing a lot of threads relating to good music lately, and I started thinking...

What's the worst album you bought, thinking it was going to be good or at least OK?

Mine is Psychostick. I heard a few clips, thought it sounded OK and decided to try my luck. I'm actually a bit embarrassed I own it.
    I don't care about your genre, it's all rock 'n roll to me.

Guitars
    '00 Hamer (not sure the model)
    '96 Peavey Predator
    Yamaha FG-110 Acoustic
    POS Conrad hollow body bass
    Amps
    Line 6 Spider Valve Mk II
    Roland V405

It's not much, but I'm proud of it.

Yours.
    Somebody say something.

Comment

When I bought Death Magnetic, I was all over it. Now I skip every song that comes up in my shuffle.
      Failure is always an option.

Guitars:
      1986 Ovation Celebrity A/E 1994 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Studio, 2008 3 color sunburst American Standard Stratocaster, Kramer Imperial, 2010 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, 2011 Godin Redline HB

Amp: Egnater Tweaker with Marshall 1965 cab.

Effects: Line 6 Pod XT Live w/all model upgrades. Pigtronix Disnortion and Philosopher's Tone. Digitech X series DigiDelay, Crybaby Wah, Electro Harmonix Metal Muff, Rocktron Silencer, Ibanez AP7 Analog Phaser

Comment

one of the buckethead albums i forget what it was called... i am generally a fan but he takes the stupid puppet thing a little far sometimes...

Comment

When I bought Death Magnetic, I was all over it. Now I skip every song that comes up in my shuffle.

Man, that reminds me I own St. Anger... I just can't get past the snare drum on that album. I just want to scream at Lars to flip the lever down so it actually sounds like a snare.
          I don't care about your genre, it's all rock 'n roll to me.

Guitars
          '00 Hamer (not sure the model)
          '96 Peavey Predator
          Yamaha FG-110 Acoustic
          POS Conrad hollow body bass
          Amps
          Line 6 Spider Valve Mk II
          Roland V405

It's not much, but I'm proud of it.

Comment

Oh man lots of stinkers out there but by far the worst release Ive actually paid $$$ for was The Vinnie Vincent Invasion.
            What a pile of garb.
            Squier 51 - (stock)
            Gibson The Paul II - (Emg 81/Emg 60)
            Epiphone Les Paul Custom - (Custom Custom/APII)
            Peavey V-Type LTD - (Super Distortion/Air Norton)
            Laney GH50L/Peavey 4x12 MS
            Line 6 Spider Valve 112
            Pod Pro 2.0

Band : InSaenZ
            http://www.myspace.com/insaenzrocks

Good deals: valvedriventone,vchizzle, luker_x, marder explorer,hcprimerib(x2).

RIP Leopardstar aka Johnny

Comment

Hawthorne Heights - Skeletons.

I really like their first album, the second album was a significant decline, didn't get the third, don't know why Skeletons would have been any better. I traded it back in in two days towards another disc.

Comment

-- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music".

Maybe "worst" isn't exactly the right word to describe it; more like "unlistenable", and that was intentional, so can it be considered the worst if it hits its mark?

Most disappointing was Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica". The hype was so intense, all signs pointed to instant Nirvanna, and... I never got through the album even once, too ****************ing annoying. I've still got it though; every 5 years or so I put it on for recalibration purposes - ah, THAT'S rock bottom!
                  Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

The 2nd Nativity In Black. Two artists (Slayer and Pantera) were the best ones imo on it. The rest...
                    Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I bought Joss Stone's Soul Sessions album for my wife, who liked her version of Fell in Love with a Boy. The album version has a different (and not so good) vocal take, and all the other tracks have a different producer. They just sound like a lifeless recording of some bored old men from a cruise ship band limping through a few soul cliches.
                      We're all quite used to buying albums which don't live up to the promise of the single, but that one actually felt like a ripoff.

Comment

back in the late 90s; a co-worker was like "man, you like pearl jam right? dude, check out creed. you'll love them."

i didn't (and still don't) really listen to the radio or follow any of that **************** so i had no idea who this band was. so ... you know ... i bought it to check it out.

i threw it out the window of my car on the way home from the store and never talked to that **************************** again.
                        Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                        Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music".

Maybe "worst" isn't exactly the right word to describe it; more like "unlistenable", and that was intentional, so can it be considered the worst if it hits its mark?

Lester Bangs called it "The Greatest Album Ever Made"
                          One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
                          Three chords and you're into jazz
                          - Lou Reed

Comment

I love the first album, like the second and that duet with Klaus Meine is pretty awesome, what's wrong with this one?
                            Founding member of the HC Seven-String Syndicate
                            Founding member of the HC Scalloped Squadron
                            Washburn Sonic 7 > V847 > Tube King > Nano Stone > Fender Champ 600

Originally Posted by cratz2

Your shirt is the manliest shirt I've ever witnessed.
                            And the fact that you haven't punched Cockbobbler Chickenguy in the naughty bits for making fun of it proves how much of a stud you truly are.

Comment

Eric Clapton Unplugged
                              Founding member of the HC Seven-String Syndicate
                              Founding member of the HC Scalloped Squadron
                              Washburn Sonic 7 > V847 > Tube King > Nano Stone > Fender Champ 600

Originally Posted by cratz2

Your shirt is the manliest shirt I've ever witnessed.
                              And the fact that you haven't punched Cockbobbler Chickenguy in the naughty bits for making fun of it proves how much of a stud you truly are.

Comment

Working...
                              X