Just another reason to love the SG Classic

hardtdc

• Members

Amen, brother. I saw The Who at the Isle of Wight on Palladia earlier this week and it completely erased my memory of the horrible Super bowl halftime show earlier this year. Confirmed my belief that the Who were the best rock band on the planet from (roughly) 1969 to 1973. And Townshend never sounded better than when he was playing the SG Classic.

• Members

That whole album is great. That's not an SG Classic--It's an SG Special from a time when they really were "special." But I understand what the thread is all about. SG's with P90's and spartan ornamentation are great guitars.

I hear you doc. I'd love to have an original Special like that too, but watching and listening to Mike Campbell rip on that one makes me appreciate my Classic just as much. "P-90 heaven."

• Members
I hear you doc. I'd love to have an original Special like that too, but watching and listening to Mike Campbell rip on that one makes me appreciate my Classic just as much. "P-90 heaven."

I'd love an SG Classic (or even moreso an old Special!), but I'm not really an SG guy, and it wouldn't get enough play time to justify the price (unless maybe I found a really cheap beater Classic used).

So my take on the concept, bought for a Benjamin (+shipping) new, will have to do.

64969414_025241fa57.jpg

I'm fine with dat.

• Members

I bought a second hand Townshend sig SG a couple of years ago (the general release version; not the limited edition one). Straight out of the box it felt perfect in my hands, which is really saying something because I've never owned anything like an SG before. And those P90s sound so tasty!

Archived