Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran Duran is on Behind The Music tonight

I'm watching it now. Looks like it was recorded a few years back as Taylor is tearing up the guitar. This would have been around the time I saw them for their "Astronaut" tour.
    ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Duran Duran is a guilty pleasure for me. I had a great time in the 80's....
    AKA Gary...
    Laney Posse

Originally Posted by rgorke

I had this dream last night (seriously I did) about Ed and we were hanging out and he said the key to his tone back then was the Schlitz Malt Liquor.

Comment

the 80's had a great guilty pleasure pop bands....

duran duran
      Culture Club
      Dead or Alive

etc

Comment

The Taylor brothers are fantastic.
        Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

Not that any of them are actually brotherss. Its kind of funny that one of their inspirations, Japan, had a pair of actual brothers who took different stage names, David Sylvian and Steve Jansen, while Duran Duran had 3 members all with the same last name but none of them were related.
          Some Ramblings from Mr. Gueguen
          http://timgueguen.blogspot.com

Saskatoon At 7 Megapixels
          http://saskatoonseven.blogspot.com

A Magpie Moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxBVa9D0-J4

Comment

To me, Duran Duran typify everything that was wrong with rock in the 80s -- overly-coiffed and made-up androgenous girly-boys whining about love. To an old punker like me, they were a direct challenge to what I liked in music...
            You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Too bad I don't get cable. I always liked those guys, and found it interesting that my favorite industrial band, Stabbing Westward, listed them as a major influence.
              I don't care about your genre, it's all rock 'n roll to me.

Guitars
              '00 Hamer (not sure the model)
              '96 Peavey Predator
              Yamaha FG-110 Acoustic
              POS Conrad hollow body bass
              Amps
              Line 6 Spider Valve Mk II
              Roland V405

It's not much, but I'm proud of it.

Comment

They've got some really good songs IMHO. Of course back in the day it would have been hazardous to ever be caught listening to them. I learned to appreciate them much later on in life once I got over myself.
                AxeFXII with these: Axis | BMG RS | Strat |N4| LP Classic | SG Classic | Sheraton | Tele

Comment

I enjoyed Duran Duran and their music videos at the time. Still have some 45s kicking around.

Comment

To me, Duran Duran typify everything that was wrong with rock in the 80s -- overly-coiffed and made-up androgenous girly-boys whining about love. To an old punker like me, they were a direct challenge to what I liked in music...

I dig what you're saying and felt the same way at the time.

Considering what has happened to music in the meantime, they weren't so bad...
                    Originally Posted by axuality
                    What does the quality of Harvard have to do with this? You don't want to make the common mistake of Liberalism by thinking that education makes one smarter.

Comment

The Taylor brothers are fantastic.

good stuff with Power Station and Robert Palmer RIP.
                      Rules for a Happy Life:
                      Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                      I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                      doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                      Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Working...
                      X