X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Townsend anyone?

Not exactly his best moment, but it made me laugh pretty hard.

I just 'discovered' this guy about a week ago and he's a pretty interesting dude. I suppose that there are a lot of people that know all about him so I won't get too in depth, but what impressed me was how frickin diverse he is. Plus as much as he seems to try to be insiteful at the end of the day he's just a sarcastic bastard which is always a plus in my book.

Any fans?
    AxeFXII with these: Axis | BMG RS | Strat |N4| LP Classic | SG Classic | Sheraton | Tele

He's wild, I've always liked him.. And I don't normally go in for "odd" performers..
    Signature...

Comment

He's brilliant, crazy, and self-mocking. I "discovered" him about 6 months ago. Great stuff.
      Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

The first thing he did was sing on a Steve Vai album. Then he formed Strapping Young Lad, and then the Devin Tonsend Project. he has been around many years. He looks much better without the skullet.

Comment

He looks much better without the skullet.

Nothing says metal like the skullet!!! m/ m/

Oh, and yeah, I'm late to every party when it comes to cool musicians and bands.
          Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

The first thing he did was sing on a Steve Vai album. Then he formed Strapping Young Lad, and then the Devin Tonsend Project. he has been around many years. He looks much better without the skullet.

Yeah, I just caught up with a bit of the history on him earlier. I didn't know about him and Vai at first, but as soon as he started talking about in an interview it because kind of obvious for some reason.

But the funny part is that I had heard of SLY years ago. For some reason I had them confused with some other crappy bands like UB40 or something like that for some reason. I mean just music that I would never listen to.

Now SLY isn't my new favorite band or anything, but they aren't anything like I expected it to be. To be quite honest I think that I was just stunned with how far off I was.
            AxeFXII with these: Axis | BMG RS | Strat |N4| LP Classic | SG Classic | Sheraton | Tele

Comment

Ok? I watched the vid? Now, why is it he's suppose to impress me? He can babble, I 'll give him that.

Comment

Now, why is it he's suppose to impress me?

The man is one of the greatest singers, could do opera with ease. But instead he chooses to spend most of his time screaming louder, harder, and longer than most.

He sang for Vai, and not only that the man can play guitar as well. In fact, he's a better guitarist than most as well... but devotes his time to writing some of the heaviest sludgiest most intensively metal **************** imaginable.

Then, to top it off, he quits drugs, disbands his band and his solo project, and goes home to call it a day.

A year later, after getting bored, he comes back with a NEW solo project, and releases two albums within a 1 year span... KI and Addicted. The first was a mix from heavy to stray cats grooves to something pretty friggin close to ENYA thrown in there. The second album was basically his attempt at a pop album.

My Music
                My Youtube Videos

Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

I'll be the first to admit that I can say some pretty stupid stuff.. Some a-hole is gonna sig that, but I don't care..

Comment

i saw him in NYC with Vai back in 1993.

He climbed on top of a stack of stage monitors about 20 feet high in a huge afro wig.. he then picked his nose and ate it.
                  http://www.greenlightpromise.com/
                  http://www.myspace.com/greenlightpromise

Comment

Knew about him from his work on the Vai album sex and religion. I actually have a bootleg of that tour and he rips up as second guitarist right along with Vai.

Picked up Ziltoid the Omniscient a few months ago. Probably his best album of the others I have (synchestra, accelerated evolution, dtp - addicted). It is a cool themed album with his unique sense of humor.

Fan Here.
                    Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
                    Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

Comment

Devin's pretty much the coolest guy on the planet.

Here is his youtube:
                        http://www.youtube.com/poopynuggeteer

A selection of goodies:

Good trade with: branjispad

Comment

that guy's straight up obnoxious.

Comment

Hevy Devy is the man. 'Ki' was probably my Album of the Year last year. So, *so* good.
                            My website
                            The Metal Shop Podcast - I co-host this show, check it out!

Guitars
                            Godin SD, PRS Tremonti SE, Yamaha RGX420-D6, Epiphone Les Paul Classic 7-string, '85 Tokai Breezysound, Line 6 Variax 300, Schecter Sunset Custom FR, DeArmond JetStar Special, Applause AE-128 acoustic, Gear4Music dreadnought acoustic, Vintage EST96AF 5-string bass

Amps/FX
                            Line 6 Pod XT Live, Behringer V-Tone 2x12" combo (too bloody quiet ), Boss HM-2, Hughes & Kettner Warp 7

Comment

that guy's straight up obnoxious.

So?

You're listening to one's music, not personality.

Comment

Working...
                              X