I sold my guitar on ebay...and dont wanna go through with it...

Brian May

• Members

:cry:What can I do? They have already paid me immediately via paypal. I said I was sad about this and regretted not pulling it off in the dying minutes..but thats too late now. Whats the worst that can happen to me? I've no neg feedbacks in 5yrs and I know this would be my first...should I see the deal through and do the decent thing...or shall I be bad? The reason my guitar went on ebay was because I have a financial need at the moment and so I put it on reluctantly....and thought its not going to go and I wont relist it and would just borrow the

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I was in two minds in the first place....it was a simple case of a reluctant sale through financial need...but since then i've simply thought i should just borrow the money and not lose the guitar i love. I've never even thought of doing this ever before. Damn I'm so annoyed with myself on this.

• Members
:cry:What can I do? They have already paid me immediately via paypal. I said I was sad about this and regretted not pulling it off in the dying minutes..but thats too late now. Whats the worst that can happen to me? I've no neg feedbacks in 5yrs and I know this would be my first...should I see the deal through and do the decent thing...or shall I be bad? The reason my guitar went on ebay was because I have a financial need at the moment and so I put it on reluctantly....and thought its not going to go and I wont relist it and would just borrow the

• Members

It's nothing. Contact the buyer, explain. 99% of the time he/she will be cool about it - especially since "buyer's remorse" ought to be setting in about now anyway. Refund their money, apologize and above all, waste as little of their time as you possibly can.

• Members
It's nothing. Contact the buyer, explain. 99% of the time he/she will be cool about it - especially since "buyer's remorse" ought to be setting in about now anyway. Refund their money, apologize and above all, waste as little of their time as you possibly can.

I'd say about 90% of the time it will result in a negative, which it obviously should.

• Members

{censored} dude, that is such a dilemma.

Guitars you LOVE are hard to find, and it takes so long to truly know. To part with one is a tragedy. So you could lie and say you broke it or it got stolen.....

But that's evil. Bad juju. My money says if you did that you wouldn't be able to play it w/o feeling guilty.

Either choose good or evil OR send the dude an email, the most honest factual report you can muster up. Don't pour your heart out, just explain and ask if he'd accept a refund. Just make it abundantly clear that you are still cool to sell it, don't put any guilt on him, see if he'd take a refund and if not, happily and graciously send it to him, you are under a contract.

• Members

As much as we hate to think it, a guitar is replaceable. You can get another one that feels as good, if not better then the one you own/ sold.

Consider this a lesson, and that is the price you pay, loosing a guitar.

From here on though you will look at that guitar and think of the guy whose time you wasted with your flip flop, if you keep it.

Give it a kiss, pack it up, and send it on to it's new owner.

I think you will feel better about yourself if that is what you do, and that's worth a lot.

• Members

If you don't go through with your commitment, you will be a lying cheating deceitful

douche bag, who can never be trusted to keep his word.....ebay won't trust you, your feedback will go down.....if you tell anyone of this story, at best you will be considered wishy washy and not able to make a decision...any girlfriend you get will never trust you...

If there is a god...you will go straight to hell...and while my Dante's Inferno is a little rusty, one of the rungs in hell is reserved for people who go back on their word....people sent there for punishment are assigned to a big black guy wart infested ex con who specializes in busting out little punks like you....Satan will have to give you an anal transplant everyday, just so you can get raped again the next day...

Or if you don't care about any of this {censored}....refund the buyer his money, tell him you changed you mind, he's probably a lying homo like you anyway....and keep your guitar..

• Members

I'd say about 90% of the time it will result in a negative, which it obviously should.

Nope. Most people are pretty understanding if you explain the situation and return their money ASAP. Everyone who does a lot of business on ebay has to back out of an auction sooner or later. I've done over 500 auctions and I've had to do it twice - the last time was for a piece of outboard I couldn't locate the @#$% wall-wart for. It happens, and people have done it to me, too.

The only time I ever neg anyone is then they cost me time or money, neither of which is at stake here. It's just business.

Archived