Am i just unlucky?

jammy827

• Members

2 years ago i decided to buy some schaller strap locks for my guitar. but today one of them had finally given up, dropping my guitar to the floor as i was playing. (well almost) the little brass? pin that holds the guitar to the strap had worn almost completely away? has this happened to anyone else? - either way i don't recommend schaller strap locks to any one. with the addition to some washers form the shed i made a simple strap lock that would never let me down unlike the schaller ones... P1000798.jpg

• Members

I guess QC can let us all down, but I have a set of Schallers from when I was in high school... maybe middle school. I'm 37 now and I was in a punk band off and on for quite a while and jumped around like an idiot.

I'll take a pic of what my old set looks like. I have three or four sets of newer ones and they 'seem' to be just as well built.

:idk:

• Members

Hey man you installed the u-shaped cradle for the strap side upside down. Turn it around like this ->U

Schaller strap locks are solid products. I've thrown these on every guitar I've ever owned for the last 24 years and have never seen this happen. But then again I installed mine correctly.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

It's weird how I just found this topic. It's old, I know.. I was searching some pictures of schaller strap lock to show this same defect to a friend of mine.

It happened to me 2 years ago and screwed up all my f***ing guitar Fender Jaguar Classic Player.

I don't recommend schaller at all.

• Members

I use them on most of my guitars, but I know they are not perfect, nor are they maintenance free. They still need to be checked occasionally - the nut holding the straplock to the strap can come loose, and the screw holding the straplock button to the guitar can come loose too. It just takes a few seconds before you but your strap on ("heh heh heh, he said 'strap on'") to check the straplocks and strap buttons. Then when I put my strap on I make sure the straplocks are 'locked in' and not just resting in the cup.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I use them on most of my guitars' date=' but I know they are not perfect, nor are they maintenance free. They still need to be checked occasionally - the nut holding the straplock to the strap can come loose, and the screw holding the straplock button to the guitar can come loose too. It just takes a few seconds before you but your strap on ("heh heh heh, he said 'strap on'") to check the straplocks and strap buttons. Then when I put my strap on I make sure the straplocks are 'locked in' and not just resting in the cup. [/quote']

What happened to my guitar is an indication of low quality strap lock. Schaller no more.

• Members

What? I dont understand. You put them on upside down like the OP and its Shallers fault?

This is a lawsuit in the making. It's obviously Schaller's fault for not making their straplocks idiot proof.

Now I'm off to McDonalds so I can buy and then spill their too hot coffee on myself and sue them too. :eatdrink013:

Archived