Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigsby B5 on Les Paul?

Agile has a Les Paul copy with a factory mounted B5- I know the B7 is the "proper" unit for a Les Paul, but what about the B5 is "wrong"?
    Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

nothing. it will work.

imho it doesn't look as cool.

Comment

buy the agile and don't abuse a gibson!!

this place is nuts for bigsbys
      Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

Get a Gibson and a Vibramate.

Was given the B5 as a gift from the missus. They came out with the B7 version a month later.

Comment

Comment

Get a Gibson and a Vibramate.

The Agile is $300. Please advise where I can get a Gibson, Vibramate, and B5 for $300, and I will buy forthwith.

(and can we not turn this into a Gibson vs. Agile thread?)
            Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

Not where I was going. B5 works as well as the cooler B7.

Personally I like the non-tension roller models a lot better, but it's not going to happen in this instance.

Comment

Whatever works is cool. My Studio has a pretty steep neck angle, so I was able to get away with a B30.

insert non-sequitur here
                ('93 LP Studio/'03 Faded LPDC)>Modtone MT-WAH>Boss NS-2(loop)>Guyatone ST-2>Biyang AD-8>Dano CC Vibe,Trem,TOD>(/loop)>Crate VC3112

Comment

Nice. The action is way better on those.

Comment

MY GUITARS

Comment

Yep, much cooler looking with the B7. I hate to admit that it matters to me, but it does.

So if either will work, why is the B7 preferred for Les Pauls (other than aesthetics)? What's the difference?

Also, how do you determine if you have enough break angle for a B3, is it just a matter of trial and error?

Comment

looks nice stuff

Comment

Yep, much cooler looking with the B7. I hate to admit that it matters to me, but it does.

So if either will work, why is the B7 preferred for Les Pauls (other than aesthetics)? What's the difference?

Also, how do you determine if you have enough break angle for a B3, is it just a matter of trial and error?

I prefer the b5. B7s put a very steep break over the bridge which can make the bigsby feel stiff and not return to pitch as easily. It may look cooler, but it's functionally inferior.
                          Listen...

Comment

B5 and vibramate assembly works great and is completely reversable!

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

My old '69 had one when I got it. I always thought it looked wrong, but I got used to it. However, I never got used to a trem/vibrato and had it removed and plugged.

"No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                              and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                              -CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X