Xaviere VS Agile?

Chordchunker

• Members

I have played far more Agiles than Xavieres, but Agiles far surpass the Xavieres in the ones I have played. Agile and Xaviere have good electronics and pickups, but playability hands down goes to Agile.

I own 2 Xavieres and >2 Agiles.

• Members

Agiles (for the most part) tend to be quite a bit pricier than Xavieres, so I wonder if Xaviere/SX would be a more apt comparison...

That's kinda what I was thinking...though most SX's are less than most Xaviers so it'd be more like a middle ground

I dunno...I'm just babbling :blah:

• Members

I still think you kids are in such a great time to be a guitarist. It used to be that you either had the choice of a "name" instrument for large $$ or a total piece of crap for money that was still pretty significant. It really is a golden age for guitars!

• Members
I still think you kids are in such a great time to be a guitarist. It used to be that you either had the choice of a "name" instrument for large $$ or a total piece of crap for money that was still pretty significant. It really is a golden age for guitars!

:thu: Truly!!!!

• Members

I've owned a couple of Agiles (AL-2000 and AL-3000M). I currently have one of th Xaviere offsets (Jazzmaster) and one of the teles. Not an apples-apples comparison, but I've found the overall quality and playability of the Xavieres to be at least as good as the Agiles.

With the LP stye guitars there are advantages/disadvantages on both sides, with the Xavieres falling somewhere between the 2000 and 3000 lines. For instance the Xs have a full 3/4" maple top, and you don't get that on an Agile until you get into the 3000Ms. Electronics are good in both.

Also in the good value category, don't overlook brands like Jay Turser. When I was "thinning my herd" I kept one LP-style (non-Gibson) guitar, and chose my Turser JT-200 (with Gibson 490 pups) over either of the Agiles.

• Members

You speak the truth. When I started you either had Gibson, Fender, and Gretsch or no-name Japanese guitars with necks like baseball bats, weird shapes, and cheap electronics. The only real "mid" level for us was Univox :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, I've been looking into this exact same question as well. I just can't decide between an agile and a xaviere guitar! I've had people tell me that agile is way better, but I've also had people say xaviere is better. Is it true xaviere suffers from more body/neck issues than agile?

• Members

I've had an Xaviere tele, a couple MIM teles, and a CIJ tele.

I would bet that the Agile would be better than the Xaviere.

For a little more, be sure to give the Squier Classic Vibe tele a go, too.

Otherwise, I'd look for a used MIM or CIJ/MIJ Fender for around $300. It's a buyers market right now.

• Members

I've had an Xaviere tele, a couple MIM teles, and a CIJ tele.

I would bet that the Agile would be better than the Xaviere.

For a little more, be sure to give the Squier Classic Vibe tele a go, too.

Otherwise, I'd look for a used MIM or CIJ/MIJ Fender for around $300. It's a buyers market right now.

I have a MIM Tele just need a backup.. Squire CV`s are great guitars!!

• Members

I was a "STRAT only guy"-->After several unsuccessful Tele try's years ago and after an Agile/2 years ago I came to this

xaviertele825a.jpg

xaviertele825.jpg

http://store.guitarfetish.com/XV-835-Flamed-maple-single-cutaway-Amberburst-Maple-Fingerboard_p_1161.html

So now I am in love with Tele too will never sell it and went meanwhile to

this and

benfordtelehh4.jpg

this

asata.jpg

But always come back to the Xavier as well

So my take is Xavier,but not the cheapest

Roland

Archived