When you play at home...

JimSF76

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is the SDXD? I met a guy at a Queensryche show last night, (I had a fender shirt on) and we struck up a conversation about amps. He said he just got one and was in love with it. I've been thinking about a smaller amp myself and thats one of them.

• Members

i generally play into one of a few tube heads (50 - 100 watts) with an attenuator to bring down the volume through a 4x12" cab. it's quiet enough to have a decent conversation over, but sounds like a cranked tube rig (because that's what it is).

• Members

How is the SDXD? I met a guy at a Queensryche show last night, (I had a fender shirt on) and we struck up a conversation about amps. He said he just got one and was in love with it. I've been thinking about a smaller amp myself and thats one of them.

I think it is great. Sounds good at low vol. Has line out ,you can run it into your computer for recording. Has speaker out. I run mine into a 1x12 at times.

Use the amp with no modeling 90% of the time. Great Fender clean tone

and have my Bad Monkey for a little OD boost.

Perfect for home use for me.

• Members
I think it is great. Sounds good at low vol. Has line out ,you can run it into your computer for recording. Has speaker out. I run mine into a 1x12 at times.

Use the amp with no modeling 90% of the time. Great Fender clean tone

and have my Bad Monkey for a little OD boost.

Perfect for home use for me.

Nice. Same thing I heard last night. Thanks man.:thu:

• Members

i generally play into one of a few tube heads (50 - 100 watts) with an attenuator to bring down the volume through a 4x12" cab. it's quiet enough to have a decent conversation over, but sounds like a cranked tube rig (because that's what it is).

Thats what I need (attenuator). What kind do you recommend?

• Members

Thats what I need (attenuator). What kind do you recommend?

i use the marshall-branded power soak for my Marshall heads, and a Weber for the other heads. there are a lot of nice ones out there, but i've had very good luck with both of these.

Archived