GASing for a Jaguar (photoshoppers show me my dream guitar!)

mhuxtable

• Members

I don't know what has come over me lately...I cannot stop thinking about a Jaguar. I even had dreams about one.

I'm gonna get my local guitar store to build me a parts Jaguar though instead of getting a Fender....they are top notch quality guys who all build there own lines from the ground up & I've seen lots of partscasters they have made.

I want a very vintage Jaguar with a few mods...like instead of the rhythm switch on the top I wanna make it a phase switch for one of the Pups so I can get in or out of phase sounds when both pickups are being used...and then just bypass those roller knobs. Who uses those anyway??

I think I want a reverse headstock though....and in Daphne Blue!!!

Any of your Photoshop guys wanna show me what that would look like???

oh and yeah show off your Jaguars please.

• Members

Can anyone else think of any other cool mods to do while keeping it vintage looking and feeling?? I don't want any active controls.

I like the on/off switches & the treble choke....I know I'd never use the top switches for the rhythm circuit so I figured use that switch as a phase switch & just bypass the rollers....but is there something else I could use them for? I can't really think of anything.

• Members

I don't know what has come over me lately...I cannot stop thinking about a Jaguar. I even had dreams about one.

I'm gonna get my local guitar store to build me a parts Jaguar though instead of getting a Fender....they are top notch quality guys who all build there own lines from the ground up & I've seen lots of partscasters they have made.

I want a very vintage Jaguar with a few mods...like instead of the rhythm switch on the top I wanna make it a phase switch for one of the Pups so I can get in or out of phase sounds when both pickups are being used...and then just bypass those roller knobs. Who uses those anyway??

I think I want a reverse headstock though....and in Daphne Blue!!!

Any of your Photoshop guys wanna show me what that would look like???

oh and yeah show off your Jaguars please.

... seems kind of silly. The wiring mod can be done to any off the shelf guitar and necks are interchangeable. I would just buy a Fender Jaguar (either MIA or other) and get a lefty neck. Then you could switch out the necks and put it back to stock when you want to sell it. Seems like a more cost-effective way of doing things...

• Members

... seems kind of silly. The wiring mod can be done to any off the shelf guitar and necks are interchangeable. I would just buy a Fender Jaguar (either MIA or other) and get a lefty neck. Then you could switch out the necks and put it back to stock when you want to sell it. Seems like a more cost-effective way of doing things...

2nd'd.

• Members

I've always wanted a nice Jag - playing Doc's Jags has helped ease the pain.

Personally, if I built one up from scratch, I'd not go with the Jag tone circuit at all. I'd go for a basic strat-like setup though I suspect something would need to be done to offset the brightness without the extra circuit being present. Or maybe not.

Tweedledee... I absolutely LOVE that pickguard! The guitar is nice, but that pic of your pickguard inspired me to take some Reranch tinted nitro to my Fender mint green guard and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I purposely sprayed it unevenly to try to mimic wear and your pic was absolutely the inspiration.

Archived