Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GASing for a Jaguar (photoshoppers show me my dream guitar!)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GASing for a Jaguar (photoshoppers show me my dream guitar!)

I don't know what has come over me lately...I cannot stop thinking about a Jaguar. I even had dreams about one.

I'm gonna get my local guitar store to build me a parts Jaguar though instead of getting a Fender....they are top notch quality guys who all build there own lines from the ground up & I've seen lots of partscasters they have made.

I want a very vintage Jaguar with a few mods...like instead of the rhythm switch on the top I wanna make it a phase switch for one of the Pups so I can get in or out of phase sounds when both pickups are being used...and then just bypass those roller knobs. Who uses those anyway??

I think I want a reverse headstock though....and in Daphne Blue!!!

Any of your Photoshop guys wanna show me what that would look like???

oh and yeah show off your Jaguars please.
    Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

I can't create what you're looking for on Photoshop, but here's my 1965 Jag that I refinished in Inca Silver.

Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

So you just want a reverse headstock daphne blue jag?

Like this?

Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

Comment

So you just want a reverse headstock daphne blue jag?

Like this?

YESSSSSSS!!! That's my guitar!!!

and Tweedledee that is gorgeous! I love the pickguard too!

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Can anyone else think of any other cool mods to do while keeping it vintage looking and feeling?? I don't want any active controls.

I like the on/off switches & the treble choke....I know I'd never use the top switches for the rhythm circuit so I figured use that switch as a phase switch & just bypass the rollers....but is there something else I could use them for? I can't really think of anything.

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Individual tone controls?
                I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

yeah that's a cool idea....do double volume controls on the bottom for each pickup and double tone controls on the rollers...hmmm...

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Thanks!
                    ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Doc, your collection makes me weak in the knees.

Listen...

Comment

Daggumit. Most GAS inducing thread I can remember.
                        I made the mistake of including the name of the band I was in at the time I started my account here, but a lot of my friends really do call me "gibby"...
                        My guitfiddle vidyas
                        Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Gibby McFender
                        Good trades with: jnapruitt, jelloman, emptyparadigm, teleman, atrox, Norcal_Gtr, Cale 76, Moops, Fart Murphy, gutterking, npidge, shimrod69, HickorySMOKES

bassist for Fools For Rowan. Check us out!

Comment

I don't know what has come over me lately...I cannot stop thinking about a Jaguar. I even had dreams about one.

I'm gonna get my local guitar store to build me a parts Jaguar though instead of getting a Fender....they are top notch quality guys who all build there own lines from the ground up & I've seen lots of partscasters they have made.

I want a very vintage Jaguar with a few mods...like instead of the rhythm switch on the top I wanna make it a phase switch for one of the Pups so I can get in or out of phase sounds when both pickups are being used...and then just bypass those roller knobs. Who uses those anyway??

I think I want a reverse headstock though....and in Daphne Blue!!!

Any of your Photoshop guys wanna show me what that would look like???

oh and yeah show off your Jaguars please.

... seems kind of silly. The wiring mod can be done to any off the shelf guitar and necks are interchangeable. I would just buy a Fender Jaguar (either MIA or other) and get a lefty neck. Then you could switch out the necks and put it back to stock when you want to sell it. Seems like a more cost-effective way of doing things...
                          MY GUITARS

Comment

... seems kind of silly. The wiring mod can be done to any off the shelf guitar and necks are interchangeable. I would just buy a Fender Jaguar (either MIA or other) and get a lefty neck. Then you could switch out the necks and put it back to stock when you want to sell it. Seems like a more cost-effective way of doing things...

2nd'd.
                            I made the mistake of including the name of the band I was in at the time I started my account here, but a lot of my friends really do call me "gibby"...
                            My guitfiddle vidyas
                            Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Gibby McFender
                            Good trades with: jnapruitt, jelloman, emptyparadigm, teleman, atrox, Norcal_Gtr, Cale 76, Moops, Fart Murphy, gutterking, npidge, shimrod69, HickorySMOKES

bassist for Fools For Rowan. Check us out!

Comment

he's not getting this guitar to flip it later.. you guys are missing the point completely.
                              Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

Working...
                              X