Peavey killed their usa line

cerebrix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just the guitar line or the whole company?

i cant imagine theyre in trouble as a whole, i mean theyre carried by everyone as stocked products including best buy. i was playing a 6505 combo today at best buy as a matter of fact.

thats just crazy :eek::eek:

• Members
really?

i think this is a (was.... sigh...
:(
) a fantastic looking, playing and sounding guitar.. i dont see eye to eye with you on that at all man. these things were really stunning instruments imo.

357b5197fbb04dd19617813a3f233fa6.jpg

The new EVH Japanese edition looks nice, but not as nice as that Peavey.

699089.jpg

Still, for $1300...

• Members

Peavey is a strange enigma.

Most of their products are very well made and work well. I remember their magazine (Monitor) where people would write in and tell stories about houses burning down and amps still working.

They have made some nice guitars - The Fred Newall models, the Vandenberg, etc... and some nice amps - the Classic (which was like a Super Reverb), - and some nice basses and even some cool synths (the DP3, etc...) but for some reason I always think of it as good stuff that I would never buy.

Aside from PA equipment I have never owned much of their stuff. I do have a few of the Valverbs and they're great but it's a PITA to hook up one rack unit.

A lot of the stuff they have come out with is even ahead of its time - the StudioMix and they made a programable pedal switcher in the 1980s which people now buy, etc...

• Members

Peavey is a strange enigma.

Most of their products are very well made and work well. I remember their magazine (Monitor) where people would write in and tell stories about houses burning down and amps still working.

They have made some nice guitars - The Fred Newall models, the Vandenberg, etc... and some nice amps - the Classic (which was like a Super Reverb), - and some nice basses and even some cool synths (the DP3, etc...) but for some reason I always think of it as good stuff that I would never buy.

Aside from PA equipment I have never owned much of their stuff. I do have a few of the Valverbs and they're great but it's a PITA to hook up one rack unit.

A lot of the stuff they have come out with is even ahead of its time - the StudioMix and they made a programable pedal switcher in the 1980s which people now buy, etc...

They also pioneered the use of CNC for building guitar bodies and necks.

• Members

Despite the revolutionary design philosophy of CNC guitars, Peavey just couldn't grab a hold of a strong market share. Even innovations like the variable coil split of the T60 or hybridized Generation didn't catch on in a big way.

But Peavey's guitars have really never been the strong point of the company's sales. It's their amps and PA systems which brings in the profit. Their Media Matrix brand is used in the US Senate and Sydney Opera House and Crest Audio is also part of Peavey. And don't forget Buddha is being manufactured by Peavey now though the designs and trade dress remain a separate company.

• Members

Despite the revolutionary design philosophy of CNC guitars, Peavey just couldn't grab a hold of a strong market share. Even innovations like the variable coil split of the T60 or hybridized Generation didn't catch on in a big way.

But Peavey's guitars have really never been the strong point of the company's sales. It's their amps and PA systems which brings in the profit. Their Media Matrix brand is used in the US Senate and Sydney Opera House and Crest Audio is also part of Peavey. And don't forget Buddha is being manufactured by Peavey now though the designs and trade dress remain a separate company.

This.

It also didn't help when EVH jumped ship; right now I can't think of a single well-known endorsement of their guitar line. Their bread-and-butter has always been sound-related anyway, so if HP is cutting his losses, probably a smart move. Who knows, he could start it back up down the road.

Archived