Best Songs In Drop B

younggun123

• Members

I use drop C and drop D sometimes. Mostly play in D standard.

But I have guitars tuned to B, Bflat, C, and C# standard.

Nice. My favorite tuning is Drop C and D. Bb is a cool tuning too. Whenever i talk about my low tunings, some other people normally say "What the hell is that??" Like they need 78 guitars all in Standard E or something. :poke:

• Members

Nice. My favorite tuning is Drop C and D. Bb is a cool tuning too. Whenever i talk about my low tunings, some other people normally say "What the hell is that??" Like they need 78 guitars all in Standard E or something. :poke:

Yeah, for a long time, mainly before I acquired 15 guitars, I mostly played in standard.

Then I realized that I prefer playing in D standard the most.I do play a lot of death/grind stuff at home and that's when I break out the drop and low tuned stuff. Here's a breakdown of how the collection is tuned.

4-D Standard

2-E standard.

2-drop D

1-Drop C

1-C Standard

1-C# Standard

1-B Standard

1-B Standard-7 string

I had one tuned down to A standard, but it was a pain in the ass to keep in tune. Need to experiment with string gauge and widening nut slots.

Or buy a Baritone. I've toyed with the idea of an 8 string for fun, even tried one, but I think I'll stick with 6 and the occasional 7.

• Members

I've often wondered how some people here have 30 guitars that aren't in any alternate tunings. I'm not saying multiple guitars are bad, but still.

• Members

Yeah, for a long time, mainly before I acquired 15 guitars, I mostly played in standard.

Then I realized that I prefer playing in D standard the most.I do play a lot of death/grind stuff at home and that's when I break out the drop and low tuned stuff. Here's a breakdown of how the collection is tuned.

4-D Standard

2-E standard.

2-drop D

1-Drop C

1-C Standard

1-C# Standard

1-B Standard

1-B Standard-7 string

I had one tuned down to A standard, but it was a pain in the ass to keep in tune. Need to experiment with string gauge and widening nut slots.

Or buy a Baritone. I've toyed with the idea of an 8 string for fun, even tried one, but I think I'll stick with 6 and the occasional 7.

Decent, I like your organization. I only have one Drop C (my avatar) one Standard E sometimes drop D, and one crappy one i alternate between Drop Bb to C Standard or to Drop B. And yeah im getting a cheap 7 string real soon here. Ill probably switch from B Standard to Drop A. I just dont see the need to get another guitar and put it to B standard if you can just get a 7 string and drop the G a half step :poke:

• Members

I've often wondered how some people here have 30 guitars that aren't in any alternate tunings. I'm not saying multiple guitars are bad, but still.

yeah no kidding. I can understand one main guitar, a few backups and maybe a 7 string or so, but do they really need so many guitars that all have the same tuning? I always tell myself i only NEED a guitar if i experiment with different tunings. I guess that's why i only have 3 guitars :lol:

• Members

yeah no kidding. I can understand one main guitar, a few backups and maybe a 7 string or so, but do they really need so many guitars that all have the same tuning? I always tell myself i only NEED a guitar if i experiment with different tunings. I guess that's why i only have 3 guitars
:lol:

Yeah, I have my Schecter C-1 in Drop B/C/D, and my Tele in Standard. When I get my Schecter Blackjack, it'll be Drop B/C, and my C-1 will just be the one for alternate tunings or to do what the Tele isn't well suited for.

But I do understand a back up or two for gigs, and a couple different guitars in the same tuning (for styles).

• Members

Yeah, I have my Schecter C-1 in Drop B/C/D, and my Tele in Standard. When I get my Schecter Blackjack, it'll be Drop B/C, and my C-1 will just be the one for alternate tunings or to do what the Tele isn't well suited for.

But I do understand a back up or two for gigs, and a couple different guitars in the same tuning (for styles).

Yeah like if they had a strat vs. a Carvin DC model or something then i could see having two same tunings. I hope to get a C-1 sometime too. A friend of mine just got that type and won't stop telling me how much he loves it :rolleyes: I'm not much of an EMG guy though. What are those SD Mayhem Sets that's in your sig? I've heard of Seymour Duncan Diablos (and i desperately want them) but i havent heard of Mayhems.

• Members

Yeah like if they had a strat vs. a Carvin DC model or something then i could see having two same tunings. I hope to get a C-1 sometime too. A friend of mine just got that type and won't stop telling me how much he loves it
:rolleyes:
I'm not much of an EMG guy though. What are those SD Mayhem Sets that's in your sig? I've heard of Seymour Duncan Diablos (and i desperately want them) but i havent heard of Mayhems.

Yeah, the C-1's are amazing for the price, and then some. I went to GC expecting to get a Gibson LP Studio faded or whatever, or PRS SE Single cut. I played the C-1 and it really felt like a much better guitar. And the Mayhem set is just what they call two Duncan Distortions (SH-6n/SH-6b). They're great, and with the Coil Split it's a really versatile set.

http://www.bluestarmusic.com/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-Set-of-Two-SH-6-Humbuckers-Black-P839.aspx

EDIT - I've tried to do a tone vid, but I'm currently struggling with getting a good amp tone :cry:

Archived