Weirdest Craigslist post ever

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

Ok, so...

I play in a band called The Goddamn Hills. There are very few bands locally, in Shepherdstown, WV, so there's no chance of a name mix-up unless someone simply found us on MySpace and quoted our location versus another band's. Anyway, we've played in Charleston once (two of our members are originally from Charlestown, WV), and Maryland a few times. No real weird stories to tell, no issues anywhere, except for being told we're too loud from time to time depending on the venue, and that the Brass Monkey in Baltimore was an awful experience. Anyway, someone sent this to our bandmate, a guy who he played music with in high school but hasn't seen or communicated with since short of MySpace, so it's likely he didn't post this as a joke, and we're unsure who else would have.

2n8q3hw.png

One says "The Damn Hills," the other says "Those Damn Hills," but it's specific to our town, our guitarist and singer's home town, and a nearby state. So it's more than a little weird. But as far as causing trouble, we've never had any real weird experiences as a band except for a few {censored}ty shows, the Brass Monkey being the worst. Also, the "Bar/Club Advisor Association" isn't a real thing. Anyway... What the hell is this?

• Members

Its one of the dangers of Craigslist: its anonymous, therefore anyone can post whatever crap they feel like.

I recommend suggesting that it be removed per Craigslist terms, which doesn't (to my knowledge) include using the site to smear people.

Option B is to write some sort of witty/sarcastic reply that advertises how kickass your band is and why folks might be jealous of it enough to smear you:

A) because you drive the crowds mad with your sheer Rock energy

B) because you bring in so much business that you embarrass venue operators who run out of alcohol to serve

C) because you steal wives and girlfriends and grandmothers away from their men because you're so damn sexay

(etc.)

• Members

well, with all do respect....this is the weirdest craigslist post ever:

1210011022514495da764vn5.jpg

But that is unfortunate that you have someone spreading all the crap about the band. I say go with the flow and ad it to your myspace page. Nobody takes craigslist to serious especially without greater details as to the incident.

• Members

Did you refuse to cover "Livin' on a Prayer" or "Don't Stop Believin'" for a drunk chick at your last gig?

She's out for revenge
:)

We haven't played out in a while, just been a slump in shows lately. Two of the more recent shows we've done, which were at least a month or two ago, one venue, the Brass Monkey, clearly tried to rip us off. That was a mess, but we left on a friendly note (I posted some negative reviews when I got home, but didn't use our name). Then another club, the manager told us we were too loud when we were done, but later came back and apologized and told us he really liked us, and booked us again. So... I'm really not sure. I'm suspecting it's the name, since they never use our full name.

Archived