1967 Epiphone Olympic

fuzztone

• Members

Happy new guitar day! Just curious, what are those three dots behind the bridge?

Thanks guys! gerbee those are screws. The guitar used to have a tremelo like this one below. I could probably find one and put it back to original,but it plays really well the way it is now.

101_0448-1.jpg

p1_uxowunrh4_so.jpg

• Members

Wow! Congrats Fuzztone.

Your Epi threads make me wish I had jumped one of those MF stupid ass deals of the day when it was the Olympic white Wilshire for $167...afterwards I tried one at GC to see what I missed out on, unfortunately I really liked the guitar....I know they re nothing compared to the real deal, but they aren't too shabby for the $.

My brother in law has a early 70's Coronet which is pretty cool...it has a sunburst finish that I have never seen on another Wilshire or Coronet.

• Members

Haha,oh well,you are right. I am only the guardian. All these guitars will outlive me.

In the mean time: look at what I found in draw! I think I bought it about 5 years ago,forgot I even had it.

101_0485-1.jpg

I got a good place for it now.

101_0447-1.jpg

• Members

Go for it! Nice pair. You're new one has Melody Maker electronics?

BTW, the guitar in the clip isn't Inverness Green, it's Pelham Blue. I had a MM with the same finish, the topcoat yellows.

Thanks!I guess those two colors get mistaken often.

Yes,the Olympic Double has 2 Melody Maker pickups.It sounds great and without the vibrola it weighs less than 6 pounds!

101_0510-1.jpg

Here is a vid of an Olympic single pickup version. Notice how the "collector" who owns it has the trem disabled

[YOUTUBE]y3bK0Ubrn8M[/YOUTUBE]

Archived