Memphis MG-300

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis MG-300

I found a solid wood electric guitar (I hope you can see the picture) because the picture is the only information I've been able to get about this beautiful guitar! If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know. I've written to Kaman (apparently the maker) and they have no idea (Huh???). Thanks so much for any information anyone can provide.

Looks like any number of Matsumoko (sp?) made guitars of the late 70s. Such as Vantage or Ibanez.

yep -- back in the day you could buy the memphis brand in your larger 'box' stores... Pergament Stores sold them, as did JC Penney (IIRC, of course...)
      “Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

i played one almost exactly like that in toronto last year when i was visiting my g/f friends. don't remember the name, but it certainly was decent. needed new tuners and a good setup.
        Originally Posted by Standard8

Other girls in the future will look down on you for hooking up with this girl. It's like credit card ********************. You get some now, but you give up much more ******************** in the future by spending your cock-budget now.

Originally Posted by GnR102385

If we were talking second cousin I wouldn't even have that moment where I thought "Wait, this is ****************ed up right?" before I plowed it like an Amish field.

Originally Posted by chainsaw fats

...picking on Crab_Cake for not thinking is the equivalent of putting a trip-wire on the bottom step of the short bus.

IIRC Memphis Guitars are owned by St. Louis Music Co. or at least I'm pretty sure they were.
          HCGB #271

Looks familiar:

Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

I got mine from CL gutted. All I got with it was the brass nut, back plate and neck plate. Everything else I got from Stewmac (except the knobs). Mines a beast. Solid wood (no ply) and it sounds great.