Les Paul Jr Special at MF

fuzztone

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can get one for $800 from Music123 because they canceled my order for a Les Paul Studio Goldtop. Do you think it is worth $800?

Absofuckinglutely!

I have an "earlier version"

LPJrSpc.jpg

But this one has the P-100 pickups. (Plenty of folks were in a hurry to swap out those p'ups in theirs like Brian K and Chairborne but I sorta like the P-100s - but anyway-) For a while there, the only LP Jr Spc's you could get with P-90s were made for consumption in Japan. So this is a big deal. Before now you would have had to ordered one from Japan. But I would agree that it's not much more than the SG Classic as far as value goes, HOWEVER, the Junior Special does have a thicker body and therefore a deeper tone than the SG version - whichever way your tastes go on that - it's a different critter. Bottom line - I'd say for $800 it's a "no-brainer". I'd be looking to bend some plastic that still had some wiggle room left on it. (The one I pictured above cost $700 about a decade ago) But then again, I am an OCD GAS'r.

• Members

Gig bag and faded finish; I just sold mine two weeks ago.

I guess I should have called M123 to see what they could do for me after receiving their voicemail.
:eek:

I had a black one that was gloss. It did come with a gig bag. Sold it for ~$700 a few months ago:

lpspecialbay005.jpg

LPJrSpc.jpg

• Members

How much?

$1250.

Not the best bargain, but not out of line for a Gibby. Especially since they haven't offered many production double-cut Junior's.

But for $500 more, one can find used Historics with better wood and correct TV Yellow finish, which might prove the better buy with time.

• Members

$1250.

Not the best bargain, but not out of line for a Gibby. Especially since they haven't offered many production double-cut Junior's.

But for $500 more, one can find used Historics with better wood and correct TV Yellow finish, which might prove the better buy with time.

Think this is worth $800 new with a hardshell case? That is what it would cost me.

LPDJGKCH1-Finish-Shot-1.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I would think that's a deal. I doubt it would sell for any less than that used.

(but I prefer the wraparound bridge)

Thanks.That's kinda what I thought. I would prefer the wraparound bridge too but I would have to pay alot more for a custom shop version.

I can get this one for $800 from Music123 because I ordered a Goldtop Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute from them and they can't get it for me so they said they just got these Les Paul Jr Special Exclusives in and the price is $1249 but I could have one for $400 off plus another $50 off in Loyalty points.

I already have one of the Les Paul Studio 50's Trib Goldtops so I'm not too upset about them not get one for me.

101_0557-1.jpg

• Members

Thanks.That's kinda what I thought. I would prefer the wraparound bridge too but I would have to pay alot more for a custom shop version.

I can get this one for $800 from Music123 because I ordered a Goldtop Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute from them and they can't get it for me so they said they just got these Les Paul Jr Special Exclusives in and the price is $1249 but I could have one for $400 off plus another $50 off in Loyalty points.

I already have one of the Les Paul Studio 50's Trib Goldtops so I'm not too upset about them not get one for me.

101_0557-1.jpg

So you already got one of the goldtops? I hate you! Really. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether regions!!!

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I had two orders in for one and they canceled both of them. They called me about the first one and left me a voicemail but never called me for the second one. I found out just now by logging in and checking the status.

I'm actually considering one of the Epi goldtops instead but would need a really spectacular price offered to me since I'd want to change the stock epi P90s to gibson ones or maybe some other 3rd party noiseless P90s. Not to mention, they were selling for 399.00 just a few weeks ago.

Archived