Les Paul Jr Special at MF

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Jr Special at MF

Are these new? Musicians Friend

One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
    Three chords and you're into jazz
    - Lou Reed

Nice but that's to much for it.

Comment

They were discontinued a few years ago.

They were only around $700 at the time. $1200+ is way too much.

Comment

I can get one for $800 from Music123 because they canceled my order for a Les Paul Studio Goldtop. Do you think it is worth $800?
        - Lou Reed

Comment

Did the ones for $700 have a gloss finish and a hardshell case?
          - Lou Reed

Comment

I think $800 sounds more reasonable if you really like the neck.

Comment

I think I played one at Guitar Center a couple of weeks ago. It was nice, but not $1200 nice.
              Originally Posted by metalheadUK

I dont understand any of 'em.

If it has strings and plays, and makes a noise, I'll play it for whatever.

Ibby 7 string for Blues,a Dano for teh brootalz, or a Steiny for Punk, I dont care what it is as long as it works!

Comment

I can get one for $800 from Music123 because they canceled my order for a Les Paul Studio Goldtop. Do you think it is worth $800?

probably a good price but for some reason it doesn't really grab me like the 50s goldtop LP.
                Current gear:
                A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

Comment

By the way This is a new model sorta

- Lou Reed

Comment

Gig bag, not sure about the finish. Either way, $1200+ is way too much for this one IMO.

Comment

Gig bag, not sure about the finish. Either way, $1200+ is way too much for this one IMO.

Gig bag and faded finish; I just sold mine two weeks ago.

I guess I should have called M123 to see what they could do for me after receiving their voicemail.
                      Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Abso****************inglutely!

I have an "earlier version"

But this one has the P-100 pickups. (Plenty of folks were in a hurry to swap out those p'ups in theirs like Brian K and Chairborne but I sorta like the P-100s - but anyway-) For a while there, the only LP Jr Spc's you could get with P-90s were made for consumption in Japan. So this is a big deal. Before now you would have had to ordered one from Japan. But I would agree that it's not much more than the SG Classic as far as value goes, HOWEVER, the Junior Special does have a thicker body and therefore a deeper tone than the SG version - whichever way your tastes go on that - it's a different critter. Bottom line - I'd say for $800 it's a "no-brainer". I'd be looking to bend some plastic that still had some wiggle room left on it. (The one I pictured above cost $700 about a decade ago) But then again, I am an OCD GAS'r.
                        A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                        HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                        Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                        I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

No, they were gigbag. And the finish was glossy.
                          A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Gig bag and faded finish; I just sold mine two weeks ago.

I guess I should have called M123 to see what they could do for me after receiving their voicemail.

I had a black one that was gloss. It did come with a gig bag. Sold it for ~$700 a few months ago:

I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

I thought he was referring to the Faded DC Special since he said it was discontinued a few years ago. Those single cuts were discontinued much longer ago than that.
                              Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Working...
                              X