Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did George Lynch plagiarise Bark At The Moon?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did George Lynch plagiarise Bark At The Moon?

I'm a fan of all of Ozzy's guitarists. As I was looking up '80's guitarists I came across 'Kiss Of Death' by Dokken with George Lynch on guitar. Not saying he went out to rip him off, I just thought it sounded very similar to 'Bark At The Moon' which came out years before it. What do you think?

Stop making ridiculous posts on this forum ffs.
    DEALS: yoyoDunno (Custom Shop Dean) | Uberthrall (Amps/guitars/etc) | standing8count (USA KV2) | kaboompishkapish (Peavey Ultra Plus FS) | dAsPlayzZ (1981 JCM800) |mylilss (Peavey XXX) | FFEMT596 (Marshall for Genz-Benz) George Djentson (ADA Rig) | Spadeace (Kramer American) | DonP (Pickup) | Spindlergallery (Modified Plexi) | RCSloan (pickups/neck) | Surferbeto (Danelectro Reel Echo) + mooooore

I play Marshalls.

http://www.RobGodek.com

Comment

Stop making ridiculous posts on this forum ffs.

I don't think it's far fetched. Listen to both songs they are very similar in feel, mood, tone, dynamics. And Lynch was a peer of Rhoads and Jake, he even tried out for Ozzy himself.

Comment

if you think that's a direct rip-off then you could lump in about a million other 80s metal tracks

Comment

I've heard both songs many, many times and never heard a resemblance.

Comment

I don't think it's far fetched. Listen to both songs they are very similar in feel, mood, tone, dynamics. And Lynch was a peer of Rhoads and Jake, he even tried out for Ozzy himself.

I can't hold your moronic posts against you as I formly believe you're not intelligent enough to understand how much moronic paydirt you're exposing.

Jake was in Mickey Ratt and didn't try out for Ozzy back then. actually, George tried out between xciter and Dokken which was early 1979-1980. Jake, was already working between Dio/Ratt at that time. As for George Lynch being influenced he said himself he isn't wasnt. As a matter of fact, I have a 7 page article where he comments how Randy "Wasn't really impressive until he got the Ozzy gig. It seemed like he really grew and adapted as a player when he worked with Ozzy" and truthfully, I feel he is/was right. Randy's early stuff wasn't mind blowing Ie Laughing Gas era Riot II Lp stuff.

As for George copying licks or being even slightly influenced by Jake? Well, a deaf child could tell the difference there. You're really, very quickly making a name on this forum as a mindless troll.

Just my .02

Keep footing it.
            DEALS: yoyoDunno (Custom Shop Dean) | Uberthrall (Amps/guitars/etc) | standing8count (USA KV2) | kaboompishkapish (Peavey Ultra Plus FS) | dAsPlayzZ (1981 JCM800) |mylilss (Peavey XXX) | FFEMT596 (Marshall for Genz-Benz) George Djentson (ADA Rig) | Spadeace (Kramer American) | DonP (Pickup) | Spindlergallery (Modified Plexi) | RCSloan (pickups/neck) | Surferbeto (Danelectro Reel Echo) + mooooore

I play Marshalls.

http://www.RobGodek.com

Comment

Ouch!

I will say, I'm not a great fan of Randy Rhoads' playing. I think my fave 2 would be Jake E Lee and Warren DiMartini for that style of music. I always wondered what happened to Jake E Lee and heard recently he got some kind of myopia and is technically blind. Such a shame! He was a really tight guitarist and a good showman

Comment

I often wonder how good Randy would be now...
                'The thing about the guitar is that it's such an emotional instrument, and I'm sure that people would much rather hear a guitar if it's played with emotion and feeling than just racing up and down the fret-board'

Steve Rothery

Good Deals : deeohgee

Comment

I can't hold your moronic posts against you as I formly believe you're not intelligent enough to understand how much moronic paydirt you're exposing.

Jake was in Mickey Ratt and didn't try out for Ozzy back then. actually, George tried out between xciter and Dokken which was early 1979-1980. Jake, was already working between Dio/Ratt at that time. As for George Lynch being influenced he said himself he isn't wasnt. As a matter of fact, I have a 7 page article where he comments how Randy "Wasn't really impressive until he got the Ozzy gig. It seemed like he really grew and adapted as a player when he worked with Ozzy" and truthfully, I feel he is/was right. Randy's early stuff wasn't mind blowing Ie Laughing Gas era Riot II Lp stuff.

As for George copying licks or being even slightly influenced by Jake? Well, a deaf child could tell the difference there. You're really, very quickly making a name on this forum as a mindless troll.

Just my .02

Keep footing it.

Before you go on your hate parade, try this. Take the music of Kiss of Death and put Ozzy's words and vocals of 'Bark at the moon over it'. It fits in exactly. Same if you do it the other way around, Bark music with Kiss or Death vocals on it.

Comment

Quit while you're behind

Comment

know what you mean they do sound similar ,don`t let these other toss potts get you down,only thing i accuse you of is having **************** taste in music, stop listening to 80`s cock rock, it will make your hair curl.
                      Consternoon Aftable

Comment

wasn't trying to get anyone down. actually i wasn't being nasty at all. just pointing out that the point is moot

MOOOOOOT

Comment

know what you mean they do sound similar ,don`t let these other toss potts get you down,only thing i accuse you of is having **************** taste in music, stop listening to 80`s cock rock, it will make your hair curl.

I listen to all generations of music from the 60s, 70s, 80, 90s, 2000s,...right now I'm just on an '80s kick because I like the techinical guitar solos. And I'm a fan of Ozzy, anythig he's done from any generation.

Comment

couple of posts on this thread I agree with. First, I am a huge fan of Jake's playing during the ozzy years. I'm also a huge fan of Dokken-era Lynch. I've heard both of these songs hundreds if not thousands of times. Never really noticed a resemblance.

I also agree that Randy was not that impressive before he joined up with Ozzy. His stuff with quiet riot was just meh....
                            Current gear:
                            A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

Comment

Before you go on your hate parade, try this. Take the music of Kiss of Death and put Ozzy's words and vocals of 'Bark at the moon over it'. It fits in exactly. Same if you do it the other way around, Bark music with Kiss or Death vocals on it.

this works with about 1231523123000 million other songs. HURRR DURRR

Comment

Working...
                              X