• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Wire Your Strat?

I prefer:
    tone 1 - middle
    tone 2 - bridge
    no tone control on the neck

I never use a tone control on the neck, I usually roll the bridge back a little, and I'll occasionally roll the middle back some. I hate it when the tone is shared.

The switching is standard.

What do you guys use?
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Volume
    Tone 1 = Master Tone
    Tone 2 = Blender to blend back or middle into positions where they are normally off.

Comment

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUSSS5L1205
      This is what I have on my sc strat. My strat with 3 rails has 3 dpdt on/off/on
      switches wired series/off/parallel with a master vol/tone. I get more sounds out of that one than a hooker has crabs.
      It's 4am woman make up your mind. EITHER SPIT IT OUT OR SWALLOW IT!!!

Comment

I have em wired all sorts of ways:

1. Stock
        2. Stock with the second tone on the middle and bridge
        3. MV/MT, no third pot
        4. MV/Blender, no tone pot at all
        5. Volume, Master Tone, Blender (to blend neck and bridge pickups)
        6. Like #2 but with an On/Off mini toggle for the neck ala Gilmour
        7. Master volume, tone only on the bridge pickup and the 3 way switch only works the neck and bridge pickups.

I really like having the ability to use the neck and bridge positions. It doesn't really sound as much like a tele as you'd think. It basically sounds like a bridge setting, but a little more full sounding. Great for clean tones where you want it to sound bright, but not shrill.
        Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

As it came. 5-way switch, tone controls on neck and middle.

I love playing with the middle pickup, tone rolled right back and the bridge pickup together - I get a lovely fuzzy sound that way - which is why I haven't hooked the bridge up to a tone pot.

Comment

I don't. I let Fender wire it for me.

(Bridge PU sharing one of the tones controls with the middle unit.)
            http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

Comment

The way Leo perfected it with G&L: PTB System (see pg. 23)
                "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                -CS Lewis

Comment

I don't. I let Fender wire it for me.

(Bridge PU sharing one of the tones controls with the middle unit.)

Love it. Someone who makes sence.

Comment

Mine is a SSS with a Duncan Lil 59'er humbucker in the bridge with 3 push-pulls and a mini-toggle:

Master Volume - PP switches neck/mid between series/parallel
                    Master Tone - PP turns bridge SD Lil 59'er from single coil to humbucker
                    Bridge Volume - PP makes bridge pup always on. When always on the bridge pup bypasses the master volume so I can control the volume of the neck/mid and bridge independently.
                    Mini-toggle - bypasses all pots so signal goes directly to the output jack.
                    -^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

Comment

2 humbuckers, 2 volumes 1 tone. I might actually take the tone pot out and put in a kill switch or something one of these days on my strat.

Comment

Mines stock but I may try a toggle at some point to get the bridge/neck combo. They are so many useful tones with the stock setup though I rarely find myself thinking I wish this guitar could do more.
                        Listen...

Comment

In series with three toggle switches, and a pull phase switch for the middle pickup on the tone control.
                          My contributions to global trade...

American, Japanese and Mexican guitars
                          English amps
                          Effects from all over Asia.

Comment

the strat with the tx mex> tone Neck tone Bridge tx mex bridge is very icy with out a tone
                            all the others > standard
                            Electric Cowbell.. meh...
                            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Scuzzo's Sound Clicks
                            Mixed for Headphones only
                            all pictures sound the same....
                            The"Let Me Hear Your Original Works" please feel free to add your stuff..
                            Funk
                            Avaunt-Guard
                            Blues
                            Jazz

Comment

HSH

Middle pickup out of phase.

Other controls stock.

SSS

Middle tone rewired to bridge.
                              Originally Posted by conky

Yeah, it was great, have you seen the one where he shoves a screwdriver handle up his urethra?

Originally Posted by joeydahlia

hahahaha..it's ok..I am better now .... I took my meds...

Originally Posted by Anderton

This thread was just reported for trolling. But, it should have been reported for exceptionally dumb trolling. Due to failing to comply with that technicality, it won't be deleted.

Comment

[QUOTE=sk8centilli;41469655]The way Leo perfected it with G&L: PTB System (see pg. 23)
                                  There's only two things I'm afraid of---women, and the the C7+9+11 Chord.

Comment

Working...
                                  X