Dillon Guitars

maibock1023

• Members

Anybody have any input on Dillon Guitars? Thinking about picking up the LP Jr. Anyone have one?

I owned one of the Viet Nam made Strats and it wasn't that great. I have heard that the Korean made ones are better, but I suspect that there may be better values in other brands.

• Members

http://www.dillionguitars.com/

Interesting note at the Dillion site about the Canadian Dillions. What's going on there?

I think the note is to cover their butts with Gibson and others. The site you linked is a USA site and has USA/Gibson approved horns. Note the difference between the Canadian Dillion and the USA model. The Canadian one looks wayyyyyy better.

dillion_dxc650.jpgDL650Q-small.jpg

• Members

I can vouch for Dillions...

CouchShot-Electrics.jpg

My DR1500QX is to the right...

Superbly made tone machine. It looks like a PRS copy but it's closer to a Les Paul at heart. Thicker body, 24.75" scale length, mahogany body, etc...

The construction is solid and the pickups does a very good impression of real PAFs... my only grip is the wrap-around bridge, not very versatile for my taste. Also, the frets could do with a little setup but that could be because the guitar arrived in a tropical country from the USA (MIK but went to US first before shipped out)...

Over all, a good 'brand'... And John Dillion actually replies the emails I've sent him thought that's over 2 years ago.

Anyway, go for it... :thu:

• Members

I owned one of the Viet Nam made Strats and it wasn't that great. I have heard that the Korean made ones are better, but I suspect that there may be better values in other brands.

I have had the Korean made Strat (SSH) for about four years and am very fond of it. It has a real Wilkinson Trem and a screw in arm, which is the best trem system I've had or tried. I've jammed it with alot of American Fender Strat guys, heard good comments and always preferred the way mine played (flatter radius, better action). It has a very snappy response which sounds really good for certain types of Rock and Country. I liked it so much, I recently put a set of Vintage Vibes in it. Only one complaint - the only guitar I've ever owned where I had to replace the saddle screws because they stripped. Oh, almost forgot, it never goes out of tune.:thu:

• Members

John Dillion use to work at the Fender as a Luthier. He helped design the Thinline Tele. I had him Custom build me a Thinline that was just an outstanding Tele. Had a couple Twists to it. Had a Humbucker in the neck and a Tele Bridge/pick-up but the rest looked 69 Thinline. I might have a picture. Did an outstanding job on the neck and fret work. Like I said he built me an outstanding guitar. IMG007.jpg

• Members

Rumor is Dillion's are made by Tokai.

I have a 58 Custom V copy. It's a great guitar. Very nicely made, plays great, nice attention to detail. As high a quality guitar as any other coming out of Korea.

Dillion_Flying_V_CustomEdit.jpg

Flying_V_Custom_vert.jpg

Flying_V_1024.jpg

Wow Mazi, I did not know Dillion made a V. Thanks

• Members

Interesting note at the Dillion site about the Canadian Dillions. What's going on there?

Its an ass covering move. He was told to remove it but hasn't. I could say a lot more but I guess I shouldn't...:evil:

I will say this much though, maybe I should put a notice on my site saying that here in Canada we do not support or carry the Indonesian and Vietamese made guitars sold by the Dillion distributor in the US, nor do we recognise the fictional character calling himself Mr. Dillion as having anything to do with Dillion guitars here in Canada. Dillion guitars originated in Canada and are still owned by the Canadian distributor and the best ones are still found here in Canada. His site shows mostly old stock and stuff he can't even get anymore...:freak:

To address any other rumors, Samick has absolutly nothing to do with the production of Dillion guitars, Tokai does not own Dillion guitars.

• Members

Dillion_Flying_V_CustomEdit.jpg

That one kills me every time you post it Mazi, love it! I was going to have a limited run done last year but didn't get to it, that may happen this year. I remember you wanted a tobacco burst custom V when we chatted about it, thats another one I'm considering....:thu: Anyone else be interested in something like that??

• Members

Its an ass covering move. He was told to remove it but hasn't. I could say a lot more but I guess I shouldn't...
:evil:

I will say this much though, maybe I should put a notice on my site saying that here in Canada we do not support or carry the Indonesian and Vietamese made guitars sold by the Dillion distributor in the US, nor do we recognise the fictional character calling himself Mr. Dillion as having anything to do with Dillion guitars here in Canada. Dillion guitars originated in Canada and are still owned by the Canadian distributor and the best ones are still found here in Canada. His site shows mostly old stock and stuff he can't even get anymore...
:freak:

To address any other rumors, Samick has absolutly nothing to do with the production of Dillion guitars, Tokai does not own Dillion guitars.

Hey JSD, do you have a link that shows all the Dillion Canada guitars available? I sure like the looks of your LP better than the USA guy's.

• Members

Hey JSD, do you have a link that shows all the Dillion Canada guitars available? I sure like the looks of your LP better than the USA guy's.

I think pretty much anything available here in the Dillion line right now is on my site. There may be more coming out in the next month or so.

• Members

I have the dillion les paul copy the finish and set up were great

right out of the box,the only changes i made were the pots,p/up's and selector switch but that was just personal preferance.

i only paid 299.00 for it and its better than my buddy's epi lp custom

heres a pic

• Members

That one kills me every time you post it Mazi, love it! I was going to have a limited run done last year but didn't get to it, that may happen this year. I remember you wanted a tobacco burst custom V when we chatted about it, thats another one I'm considering....
:thu:
Anyone else be interested in something like that??

Hell yeah, later this year I would probably still be interested in a flame top tobacco/vintage tri-burst sorta thing! :thu::cool:

Archived