Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillon Guitars

Anybody have any input on Dillon Guitars? Thinking about picking up the LP Jr. Anyone have one?
    www.myspace.com/maibock1023
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man"
    Hunter S. Thompson
    GB Member

JSD Guitar Shack has introduced them to replace the Korean Tokai's, and he told me that they have comparable quality. I'm sure they're just as good as they look and spec out.

Comment

Anybody have any input on Dillon Guitars? Thinking about picking up the LP Jr. Anyone have one?

I owned one of the Viet Nam made Strats and it wasn't that great. I have heard that the Korean made ones are better, but I suspect that there may be better values in other brands.
      I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

Comment

JSD Guitar Shack has introduced them to replace the Korean Tokai's, and he told me that they have comparable quality. I'm sure they're just as good as they look and spec out.

http://www.dillionguitars.com/

Interesting note at the Dillion site about the Canadian Dillions. What's going on there?
        Good trades with: d_dave_c

Comment

Dillion - another fine product from Samick.

check out the reviews on this site and you'll see - people like them - I just think they're about $75.00 too much for me and don;t have a floyd Rose equipped model
          Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

the ones in canada look better.

next the shop in canada will be selling agile's with the original head stock and horn.

.-)
            no machiavellian here.

Comment

http://www.dillionguitars.com/

Interesting note at the Dillion site about the Canadian Dillions. What's going on there?

I think the note is to cover their butts with Gibson and others. The site you linked is a USA site and has USA/Gibson approved horns. Note the difference between the Canadian Dillion and the USA model. The Canadian one looks wayyyyyy better.

Comment

Rumor is Dillion's are made by Tokai.

I have a 58 Custom V copy. It's a great guitar. Very nicely made, plays great, nice attention to detail. As high a quality guitar as any other coming out of Korea.

If you want to SAVE ROCK 'n' ROLL, Join The MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA!!!

**FOR SALE**

more stuff soon

Comment

I used to have this DLP-675 and it was a great guitar but I couldn't get used to a single cutaway body ofter so many years of super strats and my SG so I traded it for a Charvel 475. My uncle has a gibby lp standard and he was amazed at the quality/price.

[SIZE="2"]Guitar Gear: Gibson '61 RI SG, Dean Cadillac Select, Charvel 475 Special, BC Rich NJ Bich, Gibson Faded V, MIM Strat, Warmoth Tele, LP Copy, Yamaha Acoustic, VHT Pittbull Fifty/ST, VOX VT30, Blackheart BH5H, '72 Hiwatt 4123 Cab, Traynor TS-50, POD XT, 16 ohm THD Hotplate, 80's Peavey Rage combo, Boss ME-50, Russian Big Muff, Graphic Fuzz
                  Bass Gear: Fender P Bass (MIM), SX SJB-75C, SX SBG2, Traynor MonoBlock II, Yorkville 410B, SWR Basic 2 Way

Comment

I've got one of those. One hell of a guitar it is.

I bought a Dillion SG that matches it now.

Comment

Those sgs look tempting
                      Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

I had a DL600gt. One of the best damn guitars I've ever played.
                        My dad once said "son, wipe your own ass."

Comment

I can vouch for Dillions...

My DR1500QX is to the right...

Superbly made tone machine. It looks like a PRS copy but it's closer to a Les Paul at heart. Thicker body, 24.75" scale length, mahogany body, etc...

The construction is solid and the pickups does a very good impression of real PAFs... my only grip is the wrap-around bridge, not very versatile for my taste. Also, the frets could do with a little setup but that could be because the guitar arrived in a tropical country from the USA (MIK but went to US first before shipped out)...

Over all, a good 'brand'... And John Dillion actually replies the emails I've sent him thought that's over 2 years ago.

Anyway, go for it...
                          2004 Dillion DR1500QX
                          1990 Hamer Centaura
                          1995 Squier 'Frankensquier' Strat
                          2002 Takamine AN-45 w/ Fishman Matrix Active P/U
                          198? Morris "Tornado" ZV
                          Adrenalinn 2; Danelectro Daddy'O; Danelectro Cool Cat (thanks to tonemeister); Boss DD3; Boss PH1 (original version!)
                          Gas list:
                          Hamer Chapparal, Carvin DC127, Rickenbacker 650D, Fender HM, Gibson SG-X, Lakewood, ANY tube amp

The Hamer Squad
                          Member of the Squier Army

Comment

I owned one of the Viet Nam made Strats and it wasn't that great. I have heard that the Korean made ones are better, but I suspect that there may be better values in other brands.

I have had the Korean made Strat (SSH) for about four years and am very fond of it. It has a real Wilkinson Trem and a screw in arm, which is the best trem system I've had or tried. I've jammed it with alot of American Fender Strat guys, heard good comments and always preferred the way mine played (flatter radius, better action). It has a very snappy response which sounds really good for certain types of Rock and Country. I liked it so much, I recently put a set of Vintage Vibes in it. Only one complaint - the only guitar I've ever owned where I had to replace the saddle screws because they stripped. Oh, almost forgot, it never goes out of tune.
                            My 9/11 Tribute Song: https://vimeo.com/49284582

The 9/11 Wall of Shame (caught stepping in it):
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3s4_dkKn8Y
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Xoxaf1Al0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7uJ...feature=relmfu
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU961SGps8g

Comment

John Dillion use to work at the Fender as a Luthier. He helped design the Thinline Tele. I had him Custom build me a Thinline that was just an outstanding Tele. Had a couple Twists to it. Had a Humbucker in the neck and a Tele Bridge/pick-up but the rest looked 69 Thinline. I might have a picture. Did an outstanding job on the neck and fret work. Like I said he built me an outstanding guitar.
                              Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X