Show Us your Explorers

realtree71

• Members

I first bought this one for my son, I believe it was called a '76 RI Explorer. Got it as a blem for $680. It just had one bad string.

76Explorer.jpg

Then I got myself an Epi Korina

EpiExplorer.jpg

And this one has been my fave -

It was a Ltd Edition (400 of them) GOW (wk 13) Mahogany Pro with the smaller body.

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

It has the same pickups as the '76, but the 496R/500Ts just seem more chimey and sweet in this guitar.

• Members

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

ExplorerCloseUp.gif

Briefly had the '84 reissue when they were first out. Horrible. Sent it back. I now have the heritage cherry and the classic white ones. The cherry's in D# (snarl), and the CW is in C (growl).

I like swapping pickups in these guitars as well. The CW now has a PRS Tremonti in the bridge. The cherry has the PRS 250 set. Both were notable improvements compared to the 496/500 set.

• Members

i think Spike Li will fire off some knuckle babies when he see's this thread.

I see my reputation here precedes me ;)

Forgive me for my late arrival, I uh... had my hands full... if you know what I mean :cop::facepalm:

And w00dsy, I like to think that im on the right side of the country seeing as how we have all the gold/iron ore/diamonds being dug up over here :cop:

Enough about me, good to see that theres a lot of explorer love goin on around here :love: I feel obliged to take pics of mine now - which kinda puts me in an odd position as it goes against my strict policy of being a lazy bastard...

Archived