WTF? I hear Krashpad's fightin' cancer!

jjpistols

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's correct.

Thanks guys.

I had a small tumor on a tonsil and a couple spots on some adjoining lymph nodes. So the tonsil and 20 lymph nodes on my left side are gonesville, baby. As of 11/18. I went into the surgery with everyone convinced that the lump on my neck was a cyst, since I don't smoke and a needle biopsy incorrectly or incompletely showed no malignancy. In fact, I put the surgery off for a month because I had a bunch of shows during October with the various rock bands and the church band.

Haha, surprise!

Spent this morning dropping almost 5 Benjamins on dental work that had to be done before they can zap my neck with radiation. The ray gun treatment will be once every weekday, and may start this Thursday (have a final dry run for ray gun alignment Wed.). I'm also doing chemo, but I only have to go in once a week to drink the magic kool-aid. That may start tomorrow. They've said that this is not the same type that makes one nauseous. Also, shouldn't have any hair loss except for my beard on the side that they're shooting. Great excuse to shave, though the missus likes the beard since it's come in white.

The tonsilectomy is pretty much healed internally, I haven't had any shows after the surgery but can sing again, at least to the same degree I could before, haha. Have quite the bosstastic neck scar like the Clint in "Hang 'Em High." The mark on my chest is for ray-gun alignment on Wednesday:

162959_479509383878_512618878_5674546_80

Zappage lasts for 6 weeks, chemo for 7-9.

Since this is kinda off-topic so far, here's a shot from my most recent Crash Pad show in October, featuring my Hamer Special:

148150_126692927388242_117815748275960_1

Prognosis is very good, since I'm younger than average for this sorta thing, don't smoke, am relatively fit, and definitely not underweight (have lost 8 or 9 pounds and will probably lose another 10). By late February I'll be a lean mean rockin' machine!

Muchissimas gracias, amigos.

I post updates re all this crap in the GAS'ers & Gearheads thread here. Btw, good to read you again Pistols.

• Members

I'll be fine dudes. The C word is just another word, this is just another thing to deal with. I actually feel great right now. Occasionally a little tired at the end of the day, which will pick up once the therapies hit their stride. I don't recommend otopharyngeal (how's that for a doctor word?) cancer as a weight-loss regimen, but there's another up-side to this, haha.

I appreciate your mojo and prayers, but the folks who need it more than I are the ones with no work and/or no insurance. You know how much my insurance got billed for 3 or 4 hours of operating and recovery room use (line item "facility services")?

$43,000.00

I wanna get a t-shirt with a rad-haz sign on it, but the missus says I have too many t-shirts already, haha!

image18.gif

Archived