X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes guitars???

thoughts...
    JCA 20 + SILVER DRAGON + TS9 sent all the old carp to CL

VHT 412 feels it

I dig em!! I'm trying to find a used beat up monterey or vertigo currently. All in all solid guitars!
    Guitars
    Gibson SG Special
    Washburn X50PROFE
    Gibson BFG
    Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

Heads
    Mesa Dual Rec (three channel)
    Mesa Stiletto Trident Deuce
    Krank Chadwick series II
    Bugera 6262

Cabs
    VADER!

Great deals:
    Paradisel0st, Dugzee, Bro Blue, Dirtypete, AdamofAngels, Yavin, Thesockmonster

Comment

One of the best cheap guitars, imho. I have a Native X offset. Best neck on any guitar, hottest stock pups.

Comment

I heard that about the stock pups. Thinking about a revolver pro. It has that sustainer which will be replaced. CL for $250. why not
        JCA 20 + SILVER DRAGON + TS9 sent all the old carp to CL

VHT 412 feels it

Comment

i have the neck of an '84 le-1 (strat copy), the first revised headstock version they put out after fender bitched about the headstock copying. fernandes only added a tiny bit of material to the headstock, giving the "ball" a bit of a corner. fender didn't like that either and since then fernandes has used funky looking el-cheapo headstocks.

apparently you can sand down the little angle and have an exact copy of the fender headstock.
          but yeah. great neck. if you can find one of these 80's strat copies, regardless of headstock shape, pick it up.
          Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

Very good guitar for the money.

Comment

I had a Monterey with a SD JB and the Sustainer; it was a cool guitar but just wasn't for me.
              Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

I've been real happy with my Ravelle. With stock Duncan Jazz/JB pickups it rivals my Gibson LP's tonally.

Visit Crash Pad at:
                http://CrashPadBand.com
                CONSUME!:
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                Gear List/Pics:
                https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

got some...a P-Project Akira Wada model, a LP type that I believe was custom ordered `cause I`ve never seen another like it, two The Functions from the `80s...one double bucker bound top tele type the other an order made super strat, stamped order made in the pocket that came with the original card saying it retailed for 138,000 yen at the time...all are real nice guitars. The LP is freakin` amazing and they are all keepers...the P-project is from their custom shop, or as close as they came to one. I love my Fernandes guitars though I`ve seen a lot of low end stuff in and around town as well, saw some The Functions with MI Taiwan stickers so careful out there. They made some excellent guitars in the `80s, in my opinion right up there with other brands that have been caught up in the feeding frenzy over the past few years.
                  it wasn`t me

Comment

I've never tried one, but being into MIJ I pretty much never hear anything bad about them, and it's usually very very good.

Comment

I know I miss my 87 Fernandes revolver. Great super strat. The mid to high level guitars are great bang for the buck. Only the very lowest of their line (x series) have I experienced fit/finish issues and sharp frets but not really any worse than 98% of guitars coming from whatever factory is churning them out. My Revolver was MIJ.
                      LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Had a Ferd bass once, it had a really nice kinda chunky P bass style bolt on neck, with excellent fretwork on a maple board, reverse headstiock, telecaster (guitar) shaped body, P/J pickups.
                        It was a solid, very fine bass. As good as if not better than any Fender in the same price range ($500-$700). I think it cost me around $350 new in 1995, dealer cost. Wound up selling it duing a clean the heard phase.
                        Im sure the guitars are just as good.

Comment

I dig em!! I'm trying to find a used beat up monterey or vertigo currently. All in all solid guitars!

Oooooooo really?

How beat up? Couple dings, missing the bridge and nut?

What color? ORANGE??????

How cheap? $71???????

WE CROSS SWORDS IN TEN HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

I've never tried one, but being into MIJ I pretty much never hear anything bad about them, and it's usually very very good.

They're not all MIJ and haven't been for quite a while.
                            Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

They're not all MIJ and haven't been for quite a while.

Nope. My Ravelle is MIC, later ones were MIK, then production was moved back to China. Somewhat oddly, the Chinese Ravelles have a better rep. I haven't played the MIK ones so I don't know, personally. Just going from what I've seen from folks online who've played both. I just know mine is really well-made and sounds great.
                              Visit Crash Pad at:
                              http://CrashPadBand.com
                              CONSUME!:
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                              Gear List/Pics:
                              https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Working...
                              X