Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, for one, wasn't looking for better deals. (I did post some deals, though.) I was looking for more dignified behavior from my fellow forum members. Instead, I wound up being surprised by how people could swarm like rats over a spilled box of cereal, treat customer service reps (you know, fellow humans) so terribly--sometimes--and then whine over not being able save a couple of bucks--or even less.

Amen

Comment

• Did you read my post? Limited time, get at blow out prices deals belong here.

Glitch in the system deals...Well, you make up your own mind, but you'll kill the golden goose a lot faster if you post here.

Post what you want--it's a free forum. But you should know the consequences...

The golden goose is dead Monday

Comment

• I just received this email from Fret City:

_____

Fret City Boxing Week sale starts Dec 26 121 am !

Boxing Week Sale

Merry Christmas to all of our customers in Canada, the USA and overseas, and we hope you have a safe and happy holiday !

In Canada and the UK, December 26 is called "Boxing Day". The history behind Boxing Day, or why it's called "Boxing Day" is unclear, but it's an official holiday observed in the Commonwealth countries, and is well known on the Canada-US border as a day where you can find fantastic after Christmas Bargains !!

Fret City is holding a special "Boxing Week" sale starting at 121 AM on Sunday December 26 2010. Many of our models will be ON SALE at UNBELIEVABLE PRICES !!
        Guitars we have on sale include our special LS-500 LP style Archtop Humbucker guitar - This is a set neck guitar with genuine 4-5A Flame Maple top, Mahogany body, green vintage style tuners and Alnico Pickups. A bargain at our regular distributor-direct price of $375.99, we are BLOWING THESE OUT at a special Boxing week price of $249.99 - yes folks this is not a typo - $249.99. Product is subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other discounts.

Fast and reasonable shipping is available across North America - and you can find additional details on our shipping page at our website, or by going through checkout.
        Please take advantage of this fantastic offer and visit us at FretCity.com The sale ends Friday Dec 31 at Midnight EST.

Thanks and Merry Christmas from Rob and Harrison at Fret City Music!

Here are a few links:
        http://www.fretcity.com/shop/cart.php
        http://www.fretcity.com/shop/cart.php?target=category&category_id=68
        http://www.fretcity.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=445&category_id =57

Comment

• Did you read my post? Limited time, get at blow out prices deals belong here.

Glitch in the system deals...Well, you make up your own mind, but you'll kill the golden goose a lot faster if you post here.

Post what you want--it's a free forum. But you should know the consequences...

I should add this:

If you find a ridiculous deal that may be a mistake, or a mis-coding, or a fubar'd implementation of a policy, then if you are going to take advantage of the pricing it behooves you to wait until your purchase is IN YOUR HANDS. Not just shipped, but in your home, delivered. GC/M123/WWBW/MF are very very large users of UPS' ability to call back a package that isen-route. So until it's in your hands, it may never get to you if you tell the world before you get it.

Again, this would only apply to price and policy mistakes, not to legit/intended blowouts.

Comment

• Got my cancelled valve jr email/phone call today, with the offer for a bugera v5 for 100 and the vox for 150. I might bite on the bugera, but I was hoping to get a couple of the valve jr's and mod them.

Golias, does GC still have the valve jr's for 80?
            Originally Posted by Frets99

All guitars cost $300.
            What you pay depends on the headstock.

Comment

• I have refrained from passing my own feelings about the way this thread has regressed into posts where people are more involved with the percentage they saved then if they actually needed the item. But since this month is winding down here goes.

I share the opinion that others have expressed over the way this thread has evolved. The attacks of customer service reps has been pretty impressive. I hate incompetence, and usually am the first to get angry when something goes wrong, but to think that they aren't just following orders is ridiculous.

It used to frustrate me when this board was heavily policed and people would get reprimanded for mentioning that they may have bought an item that was posted in the thread. I enjoy hearing that someone may have bought an item, or reading a quick review of a particular item that may be a good deal. It saves me from hunting down reviews across the internet.

Reading page after page about this Valve Jr. and the Snark tuner have made this thread nearly obsolete. It's not really about deals anymore. It's become more about trying to backdoor a deal and then getting angry when you can't get it done.

Now the standard response to my post could be to just tell me to get lost. The problem is I like this thread and what it could be and maybe come January we can just get back to deals and pull a few people back in who I haven't seen in a while.

Merry Christmas

Comment

• glitch in the system.....trying to backdoor a deal.... seriously, wtf are you guys talking about? The m123 123% promo was all over their website. If they never intended on honoring it, the glitch is with whoever authorized it to be put on their website! As for the price differences between M123 and MF, again, whose fault is that? That's a legitimate price match. M123 and MF are supposedly the same company but if one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, again, whose fault is that?

As for trying to backdoor a deal, the prices are on the website. This isn't some kind of insider trading/gordon gecko stuff going on here. They have a price match policy - their price is X, another site (whether it's MF or someone else) is lower. Someone requests that they honor their policy and beat the price by the percentage their own written policy says they will beat it by. How is any of this considered trying to backdoor a deal?

As for anyone treating one of the M123 customer service reps poorly, I can't recall hearing about any incidents like this. I've been frustrated by M123's making me go through a hassle to get them to honor the price match, I've bitched about it here, and yes, I believe they are pulling some kind of shenanigans. But, I have never been rude to any of their reps either on the phone or via email. Bitching about something here on this forum doesn't equal being rude to a M123 rep.

However, I do agree that these promos can be ruined by people trying to order enough of an item to start their own ebay business.

All that said, the bottom line is M123 has/had a 123% promo. They should honor it without making people go through all kinds of hassles. They should not pull some shady tactics and try to weasel out of honoring their own policies. I have no problem with them being called on it and I'll call them on it myself if I experience any problems.
                Current gear:
                A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

Comment

• glitch in the system.....trying to backdoor a deal.... seriously, wtf are you guys talking about? The m123 123% promo was all over their website. If they never intended on honoring it, the glitch is with whoever authorized it to be put on their website! As for the price differences between M123 and MF, again, whose fault is that? That's a legitimate price match. M123 and MF are supposedly the same company but if one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, again, whose fault is that?

As for trying to backdoor a deal, the prices are on the website. This isn't some kind of insider trading/gordon gecko stuff going on here. They have a price match policy - their price is X, another site (whether it's MF or someone else) is lower. Someone requests that they honor their policy and beat the price by the percentage their own written policy says they will beat it by. How is any of this considered trying to backdoor a deal?

As for anyone treating one of the M123 customer service reps poorly, I can't recall hearing about any incidents like this. I've been frustrated by M123's making me go through a hassle to get them to honor the price match, I've bitched about it here, and yes, I believe they are pulling some kind of shenanigans. But, I have never been rude to any of their reps either on the phone or via email. Bitching about something here on this forum doesn't equal being rude to a M123 rep.

However, I do agree that these promos can be ruined by people trying to order enough of an item to start their own ebay business.

All that said, the bottom line is M123 has/had a 123% promo. They should honor it without making people go through all kinds of hassles. They should not pull some shady tactics and try to weasel out of honoring their own policies. I have no problem with them being called on it and I'll call them on it myself if I experience any problems.

I agree with you - M123 has the promo they have had it for a month now and they know what is going on, but have not stopped it until recently. Maybe they are trying to get there sales up, I bet they have succeeded in that. As far as the prices not matching between M123 and MF, there is no moral dilemma there, what about the people who order overpriced items from M123 when the same exact company, phone reps and warehouse sell it cheaper on MF, are not they in fact taking advantage of people? Why have 4 different websites and names for the same company? Another thing to consider is that M123 is claiming to have the lowest prices, and even backing it up with a guarantee policy - so they can either honor it, lower their prices, or quit claiming to have the lowest prices.

Comment

• I should add this:

If you find a ridiculous deal that may be a mistake, or a mis-coding, or a fubar'd implementation of a policy, then if you are going to take advantage of the pricing it behooves you to wait until your purchase is IN YOUR HANDS. Not just shipped, but in your home, delivered. GC/M123/WWBW/MF are very very large users of UPS' ability to call back a package that isen-route. So until it's in your hands, it may never get to you if you tell the world before you get it.

Again, this would only apply to price and policy mistakes, not to legit/intended blowouts.

Have you ever posted a deal on this forum?

Comment

• [COLOR="red"]58.97 @ Amazon

Comment

• [COLOR="red"]60.71 @ Amazon

Comment

• Here's a used Lola @ Amazon, if anyone's interested
                          [COLOR="red"]75.50

Comment

• [COLOR="red"]85.00 Other inexpensive guitars @ Amazon

Comment

• [COLOR="red"]330.00 @ Amazon
                              Godin Session Electric Guitar - Rustic Burst SG MN

Comment

• Enough of this nonsense.

1) This board is funded by GuitarCenter, and people who work for all the subsidiary companies regularly read this forum to see what's going on. Yes, there are eyeballs everywhere and whatever you say here DOES get back to someone...

2) If you look over the past month of posts on this board, it's about 95% M123 price match suggestions, many of which are kind of a snore, and a few of which are ridiculously good.

3) Once you start to post stuff like this in open forums, it's only a matter of time before someone starts to try to purchase reseller quantities of something. You can be sure that that was happening here. Whether by someone known to this group or a lurker (or both)--you won't know.

4) The smart way to deal with this, truthfully, would have been to figure out the deal for yourself and then keep it to yourself. It will last longer that way. But everyone is free to decide what they want to do. Just know that any deal you post on a public board sets the fuse for the deal to burn out faster. Note that this wasn't a "limited time, get them at blow out prices!" deal, which belongs here in any case. This was mostly a "poorly implemented system offers arbitrage possibilities based on failure to synchronize prices among GC subsidiaries + ability to get price matches that don't conform to published rules" deal. Most of these deals were gilding the lily...

Having been on the other side, I can tell you that >90% of these deals die when resellers order ridiculous quantities and red flag the problem. For a big company, most of the onesies fly under the radar.

So...because you don't like the deals posted...we shouldn't post them? Seriously bro, that's the reason this thread is great. If you can get a $30 item for less than $8...why wouldn't you share that with your friends? For the price of one at regular price, I was able to get a couple for me, and a couple to give away. Sure, there will be some ebay flippers out there...but seriously...those guys are everywhere.

Yes, these types of deals, or sales will always be short-lived. It wouldn't matter if they were $10 items, or $1000 amps...if people were getting those $1000 amps for $300...this thread would have been buzzing just as loudly. The crazy thing is that a lot of the price matches came from Musicians Friend. Yes, same company...yet, they cannot seem to figure out how to keep their prices the same. Something they should have corrected quickly...yet they did not. They are obviously not bound to sell anything at or below their cost. If they choose to do that, then it's really not a big deal. So long as you do it the right way...through the proper channels, and treat the reps nicely...a good deal is a good deal... There's no harm in posting this stuff man...
                                My Gear:
                                2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
                                2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
                                Takamine acoustic
                                Fender P-Bass

Comment

Working...
                                X