December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [COLOR="red"]TASCAM DR-03 Solid State Recorder $75.35 w/pm
    99.99 m123

http://www.music123.com/Pro-Audio/Recording-Gear/Portable-Field-Recorders/Professional-Portable-Field-Recorders/DR-03-Solid-State-Recorder.site7prodH65529.product

79.95 ams

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TAS-DR03-LIST

Comment

• I guess that's why you have to check this thread early, M123 f's up frequently. After weeks, It appears the Ninja perhaps was the alarm here. People going ape**************** and ordering a bunch shortens the lifespan, but that's the way it is, and again..not saying it's right or wrong.

If there was any truth to your assumption, they would have cancelled my order for six cable ninjas first.

But they are shipping those cables without complaint and cancelled my Valve Jr. order (because it's out of stock.)

This was never meant to be an eternal promotion. It was a sale offer and M123 surely made a lot of money on it by selling gear at steep discounts that were still above their costs. If somebody out there can sell a guitar for $20 less than them and turn a profit, they can definitely still make a profit at $24.60 off. Enough of a profit that a handful of guitar-forum junkies buying a few dozen guitar cables at below cost was an expense they could easily afford to eat as a "loss leader" to make the promotion work.
      This is my signature file. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Comment

• It's amazing how everyone is so omniscient here.

Comment

• Huh.

As far as I can tell, they are still honoring the cable order, but they just refunded my paypal account for the Valve Jr. (which they really only BARELY price-matched GC on, since they left the shipping charge on it. $76 vs. $79 plus tax.)

That amp was also meant to be a January birthday gift for a close friend that a few of us agreed to pitch in on (a bandmate who sings backup for us that wants to learn guitar.)

I *THINK* I still have time to run to GC and buy one this afternoon. If not, we'll just have to kick in a few more dollars each and either get her a Mustang I or one of those Rolands that Best Buy has on sale. That seems like the path of least resistance rather that trying to argue my way back into the discount through M123.

M123 called to let me know they were canceling my Valve Jr order but offered my a Bugera V5 for $99 so I took it. Seems like I'll like this better anyway. They also offered me a Vox AC4 for $150 but I just got rid of one of those. But if you are interested in either, give them a call. I'm not sure if the AC4 was the 8" or 10" speaker. Obviously not a good price if it is the 8".

And I don't subscribe to the notion that this promotion ended because people were "nickel and diming" it. As if they would have kept the promotion open or even honored it with $1000 LP Standards or some phenomenal "real deals". I believe the phrase is "strike while the iron is hot". I guess I'm guilty of not waiting around for somebody to post the "real deals" for me. Some of you guys remind me a of Kings (hockey) fans. You'll complain about anything. Complain because something is priced to high and then when a retailer isn't honoring their promo to the "t" and then complain when people find ways to score nice smaller deals. If you wanted a better deal, maybe your lazy asses should be scouting them. Good riddance and merry xmas!
          Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

• I, for one, wasn't looking for better deals. (I did post some deals, though.) I was looking for more dignified behavior from my fellow forum members. Instead, I wound up being surprised by how people could swarm like rats over a spilled box of cereal, treat customer service reps (you know, fellow humans) so terribly--sometimes--and then whine over not being able save a couple of bucks--or even less.

Comment

• Well I bought the following on the 123% match deals from M123 shipped!
              TASCAM DP-004 Pocketstudio Portable 4-Track Digital Multitrack Recorder $40
              Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller $101
              Danelectro DJ15 Chicken Salad Vibrato Pedal $5.39
              Stage Ninja Retractable Instrument Cable System, 26 FT $2.02 (halfway here)
              I have nothing bad to say!
              > .

Comment

• I, for one, wasn't looking for better deals. (I did post some deals, though.) I was looking for more dignified behavior from my fellow forum members. Instead, I wound up being surprised by how people could swarm like rats over a spilled box of cereal, treat customer service reps (you know, fellow humans) so terribly--sometimes--and then whine over not being able save a couple of bucks--or even less.

+1

Seriously, guys.... It's just a deal.... Sometimes deals work out, sometimes they don't. Have a little grace in your life, treat other people the way you'd like to be treated. Let it go and look for the next one.

Nobody's momma got hurt here, y'know?

In that spirit, I'd like to mention that at KVR, a couple of our guys figured out that you can do the Tracktion deal and use the included Garritan Pocket Orchestra license to upgrade to the full Garritan Personal Orchestra for $49, instead of the usual $149. You might want to check it out, if you're interested.

Comment

• If there was any truth to your assumption, they would have cancelled my order for six cable ninjas first.

But they are shipping those cables without complaint and cancelled my Valve Jr. order (because it's out of stock.)

This was never meant to be an eternal promotion. It was a sale offer and M123 surely made a lot of money on it by selling gear at steep discounts that were still above their costs. If somebody out there can sell a guitar for $20 less than them and turn a profit, they can definitely still make a profit at $24.60 off. Enough of a profit that a handful of guitar-forum junkies buying a few dozen guitar cables at below cost was an expense they could easily afford to eat as a "loss leader" to make the promotion work.

I hope we can assume you will enjoy those cables...merry xmas

Comment

• M123 called to let me know they were canceling my Valve Jr order but offered my a Bugera V5 for $99 so I took it. Seems like I'll like this better anyway. They also offered me a Vox AC4 for $150 but I just got rid of one of those. But if you are interested in either, give them a call. I'm not sure if the AC4 was the 8" or 10" speaker. Obviously not a good price if it is the 8".

And I don't subscribe to the notion that this promotion ended because people were "nickel and diming" it. As if they would have kept the promotion open or even honored it with $1000 LP Standards or some phenomenal "real deals". I believe the phrase is "strike while the iron is hot". I guess I'm guilty of not waiting around for somebody to post the "real deals" for me. Some of you guys remind me a of Kings (hockey) fans. You'll complain about anything. Complain because something is priced to high and then when a retailer isn't honoring their promo to the "t" and then complain when people find ways to score nice smaller deals. If you wanted a better deal, maybe your lazy asses should be scouting them. Good riddance and merry xmas!

They left me a voice mail telling me the same thing. I ran to GC and bought my friend the the Junior as planned, but I think I might snag one of those VOX amps for myself. It might be a handy backup rig.

Comment

• I hope we can assume you will enjoy those cables...merry xmas

I will. One will get used every gig, one will stay in the case for when my wireless craps out on me, and the others will be gifts to my bandmates.

This was an awesome deal. Great find, sasjf!

Comment

• Enough of this nonsense.

1) This board is funded by GuitarCenter, and people who work for all the subsidiary companies regularly read this forum to see what's going on. Yes, there are eyeballs everywhere and whatever you say here DOES get back to someone...

2) If you look over the past month of posts on this board, it's about 95% M123 price match suggestions, many of which are kind of a snore, and a few of which are ridiculously good.

3) Once you start to post stuff like this in open forums, it's only a matter of time before someone starts to try to purchase reseller quantities of something. You can be sure that that was happening here. Whether by someone known to this group or a lurker (or both)--you won't know.

4) The smart way to deal with this, truthfully, would have been to figure out the deal for yourself and then keep it to yourself. It will last longer that way. But everyone is free to decide what they want to do. Just know that any deal you post on a public board sets the fuse for the deal to burn out faster. Note that this wasn't a "limited time, get them at blow out prices!" deal, which belongs here in any case. This was mostly a "poorly implemented system offers arbitrage possibilities based on failure to synchronize prices among GC subsidiaries + ability to get price matches that don't conform to published rules" deal. Most of these deals were gilding the lily...

Having been on the other side, I can tell you that >90% of these deals die when resellers order ridiculous quantities and red flag the problem. For a big company, most of the onesies fly under the radar.

Comment

• Enough of this nonsense.

1) This board is funded by GuitarCenter, and people who work for all the subsidiary companies regularly read this forum to see what's going on. Yes, there are eyeballs everywhere and whatever you say here DOES get back to someone...

2) If you look over the past month of posts on this board, it's about 95% M123 price match suggestions, many of which are kind of a snore, and a few of which are ridiculously good.

3) Once you start to post stuff like this in open forums, it's only a matter of time before someone starts to try to purchase reseller quantities of something. You can be sure that that was happening here. Whether by someone known to this group or a lurker (or both)--you won't know.

4) The smart way to deal with this, truthfully, would have been to figure out the deal for yourself and then keep it to yourself. It will last longer that way. But everyone is free to decide what they want to do. Just know that any deal you post on a public board sets the fuse for the deal to burn out faster. Note that this wasn't a "limited time, get them at blow out prices!" deal, which belongs here in any case. This was mostly a "poorly implemented system offers arbitrage possibilities based on failure to synchronize prices among GC subsidiaries + ability to get price matches that don't conform to published rules" deal. Most of these deals were gilding the lily...

Having been on the other side, I can tell you that >90% of these deals die when resellers order ridiculous quantities and red flag the problem. For a big company, most of the onesies fly under the radar.

Are you saying no more deal posting on the great deals thread?

Comment

• Are you saying no more deal posting on the great deals thread?

Did you read my post? Limited time, get at blow out prices deals belong here.

Glitch in the system deals...Well, you make up your own mind, but you'll kill the golden goose a lot faster if you post here.

Post what you want--it's a free forum. But you should know the consequences...

Comment

• Another problem is when these large companies M123, Guitar Center, WWBE, Musiciansfriend have a monopoly and they sell items cheaper than some of the Ma & Pa shops even get them for at thier cost. Just saying with the economy great deals are a welcome gesture for any pocket. I am not for / nor against resellers purchasing large quantities becasuethey have the right to do so. Duh if they are paying $20 fo these Ninjas and M123 are willing to sell it for even $10 of course they will stock up. Basically with the 123% match they are saying "go play it at the local shop and order it from us online"

Deals should be sought out but kept on the down low! I myself had my epi jr's canceled (I ordered 4) I could afford the $280 and figured it would be cool to have a stero clean & dirty channel.

Just my 2 cents!

Comment

Working...
                              X