Korean made Harmony H62....

olsm75

• Members

I'm giving serious consideration to buying one new. Anyone seen or played one of these before and mind sharing their thoughts.

Who carries them also? I've found a few online distributors but neither I'm familiar with. Any stores out there stocking these guitars?

All info appreciated.., thanks.

• Members

I wasn't familiar with the guitar in question, so I searched it:

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/Guitars/Electric_Semi_Hollow_Body/1662766/H62CN.aspx

I see that this guitar is almost a grand--wonder what the street price is. I see that there is a firm, "Guitar Quest" with a phone number listed at the top of the specs. But this is probably stuff you already know.

I'm just curious, what is it that makes someone want a thousand dollar Korean made Harmony? Is is because it's not just another Gibson/Fender/Gretsch?

In any case, good luck!

• Members

The biggest reason for owning it is the neck. It's very large, 1 & 3/4' nut and is comfortable for someone with large hands like myself. And the PUs were made by Gibson, the H-13 was the original p-90 so sound and build quality is on par with any of the great archtops from that era. Looks are a little gaudy but still a cool guitar. I assume Samick is building this and all reports I've gotten so far this is much better than the original. I guess we'll see but having had a few of the originals I don't want another one I have to baby so that should explain wanting a new one. I'm just a bit surprised it seems no stores stock them..

• Members

The biggest reason for owning it is the neck. It's very large, 1 & 3/4' nut and is comfortable for someone with
large hands
like myself...

Braggart!

I keed--I totally see what you're saying about the neck width. Off hand, I don't know of another "jazz box" with the 1.75 nut width.

BTW, what is the scale-length on that Harmony H62?

• 1 year later...
  • Members

There is a Harmony H62 in mint condition on Dallas Craigslist that is selling for $2,000. The best price on a new Korean made one is $1,000 more or less. Many people think they are the best Jump Blues or Blues/Jazz guitar around. They are also the least expensive of the big hollow body guitars that has a decent sound. The old ones are equal to any Gibson, Epiphone or Guild as far as quality, and craftsmanship. They have really fine old single piece maple backs, and necks. With a Spruce top. Old Gibson P13 pickups. A really great guitar.

Archived