I hate Fender.

the fretter

• Members

My Mustang blew a fuse. After changing the fuse, it still blew. So it was sent off for Fender to be fixed, and according to Fender it's fine. When it was sent back, I played it (with the master on about 5) and yes, it was okay. I turned the master up to 8. Blew instantly. One week of waiting for fixing, now it will take another {censored}ty week with a crappy borrowed amp worth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I contacted Fender and they said it was a warranty issue and would be repaired under warranty. So, now I'm waiting (will take at least 3 weeks) for the thing to be returned, It's been about a week. No problem getting it fixed as long as I have the purchase receipt.:)

• Members

Make sure you explain to them that the fuse blows when you turn up the master. Get a surge protector strip and use it. It's either the amp or your circuitry at home that is the problem. If Fender fixes/replaces your amp will you still hate them?

• Members

Before being sent off to Fender, it was first tested by the guy in the guitar shop I got the amp from. It blew a fuse there as well.

Well that sucks (or blows in this case). You might want to tape a note to the top of the amp saying it was tested in multiple locations and blew the fuse. I wouldn't count on the service reps gettting that message to the tech department.

• Members

Make sure you explain to them that the fuse blows when you turn up the master. Get a surge protector strip and use it. It's either the amp or your circuitry at home that is the problem. If Fender fixes/replaces your amp will you still hate them?

No I won't. :p I'll have to make sure they know about the master and that it was tested in more than one location, otherwise they won't find anything wrong a second time and will think that the amp isn't the problem.

• Members

No I won't.
:p
I'll have to make sure they know about the master and that it was tested in more than one location, otherwise they won't find anything wrong a second time and will think that the amp isn't the problem.

+1, that's where I was going in the interest of saving you more frustration. Hope it works out.

• Members

Keep track of the blown fuses and where it happened, and when you sent in etc. Then stick a copy in with the amp so the tech looking at it will see the history and maybe do some due diligence knowing someone is paying attention and not some random amp in the pile that needs to be fixed..

• Members

yea man, i REALLY hate buying things from companies that have warranties for things like this. I hate how they allow me to send it in and get it fixed for free.

I'm like you, i prefer being stuck with things that don't work.

You have a point but i can see the OP's frustration..With anything electrical there is bound to be a problem every now and then..

If it was me i would get the thing in good working condition and then sell it..I have found any piece of gear i have ever had that had problems i never was happy with even after it was repaired..

I just would never have confidence in it and find something or another i didn't like about it..I could buy a duplicate of it and be perfectly satisfied ..

Its like a woman that cheats on ya it best just to walk away because your never going ti forget about it..

• Members

yea man, i REALLY hate buying things from companies that have warranties for things like this. I hate how they allow me to send it in and get it fixed for free.

What are you talking about? I sent it in to get it fixed and they didn't test it enough to actually find out that it didn't work, so they sent it back, so I'm angry because it's still broken. It took me less than twenty seconds to test it to the point it blew another fuse, and if a player of seventh months can test an amp better than the people at Fender then there's surely something wrong. It's either the amp or the circuitry, and the latter is very unlikely since it was tested in the guitar shop as well. I made this thread as a spur of the moment thing because I was annoyed about the amp, I don't really hate Fender but I still think they did a bad job.

• Members

to the OP... i would either try to get a new one out of fender, or sell it for what you can get out of it. theres just SO much that can go wrong with solid state amps. they're less fragile and more reliable than tube amps, BUT when something does go wrong, it can definitely be a headache.

i guess just be happy that you haven't put any more money into it and at least fender is working with you to make it right.

• Members

Personally, I prefer things I buy to work and not need sent in under warranty to be fixed multiple times. I mean, warranties are great, but you really shouldn't have to use them, let alone repeatedly.

Archived