Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Fender.

My Mustang blew a fuse. After changing the fuse, it still blew. So it was sent off for Fender to be fixed, and according to Fender it's fine. When it was sent back, I played it (with the master on about 5) and yes, it was okay. I turned the master up to 8. Blew instantly. One week of waiting for fixing, now it will take another ****************ty week with a crappy borrowed amp worth
    "And live is still king, the experience of one person doing his thing on stage, and thousands of people responding. A record is just a substitute."-Jeff Beck.

Could there be a problem with the electricity in the place you are playing the amp?
    kulardenu's words of wisdom - "Even those Floods kick the Mascara off a Clown Burst any day..."

Comment

Not had any trouble with mine...knock on wood.
      Ps 3:3 But Thou, O LORD, art a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head

2004 Mim Strat (Eleanor)
      2011 Agile AL3200 (Victoria)
      2010 Ovation Celebrity Dlx Padauk (Chastity)

Comment

I contacted Fender and they said it was a warranty issue and would be repaired under warranty. So, now I'm waiting (will take at least 3 weeks) for the thing to be returned, It's been about a week. No problem getting it fixed as long as I have the purchase receipt.
        So many guitars, so little time

Comment

Could there be a problem with the electricity in the place you are playing the amp?

Before being sent off to Fender, it was first tested by the guy in the guitar shop I got the amp from. It blew a fuse there as well.
          "And live is still king, the experience of one person doing his thing on stage, and thousands of people responding. A record is just a substitute."-Jeff Beck.

Comment

Make sure you explain to them that the fuse blows when you turn up the master. Get a surge protector strip and use it. It's either the amp or your circuitry at home that is the problem. If Fender fixes/replaces your amp will you still hate them?

Comment

Before being sent off to Fender, it was first tested by the guy in the guitar shop I got the amp from. It blew a fuse there as well.

Well that sucks (or blows in this case). You might want to tape a note to the top of the amp saying it was tested in multiple locations and blew the fuse. I wouldn't count on the service reps gettting that message to the tech department.
              kulardenu's words of wisdom - "Even those Floods kick the Mascara off a Clown Burst any day..."

Comment

Make sure you explain to them that the fuse blows when you turn up the master. Get a surge protector strip and use it. It's either the amp or your circuitry at home that is the problem. If Fender fixes/replaces your amp will you still hate them?

No I won't. :P I'll have to make sure they know about the master and that it was tested in more than one location, otherwise they won't find anything wrong a second time and will think that the amp isn't the problem.

Comment

No I won't. :P I'll have to make sure they know about the master and that it was tested in more than one location, otherwise they won't find anything wrong a second time and will think that the amp isn't the problem.

+1, that's where I was going in the interest of saving you more frustration. Hope it works out.

Comment

This. This was actually the original intention of fuses being installed in amps before the days of surge protectors being common.
                    Mazi Bee Militia!
                    JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                    PpP
                    My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

OP tested the amp in multiple locations

Comment

That'll teach ya to play loud. Fender's trying to protect your ears.
                        No sig.

Comment

Keep track of the blown fuses and where it happened, and when you sent in etc. Then stick a copy in with the amp so the tech looking at it will see the history and maybe do some due diligence knowing someone is paying attention and not some random amp in the pile that needs to be fixed..

Comment

And the spell begins to wear thin.
                            Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

Apparently your hatred of Fender is requited...
                              You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Working...
                              X