So what are you gassin' for today?

twisty571

• Members

I saw this a couple days ago,my ol' lady gave me the go ahead to get another SG or whatever I want. I showed her this the other day and she was like get it. I was thinking of buying the white 60's Tribute SG or another SG Standard but on the other hand I was debating a MIJ LP also. I am staying on a $1200 budget. This would be doable for me next month and I saw this and showed her and she was like get it :p I have been looking at Orvilles and Edwards also....

DSCN4226.jpg

DSCN4229.jpg

DSCN4230.jpg

• Members

Hmm, while I don't care for the finish, I can see myself owning an older black Custom some day. Be it Gibson or Orville, or Edwards or whatever... nice guitars, usually.

I'm kinda gassing for a tele.... who knows though.

I was looking at the Edwards Customs because I like the fact they have an ebony fingerboard but I want a natural finish on a LP if I get 1. Who knows yet though :)

• Members

I was looking at the Edwards Customs because I like the fact they have an ebony fingerboard but I want a natural finish on a LP if I get 1. Who knows yet though
:)

Well the good thing about that is that it's much easier to take off paint then apply it.... eh? You could have both if you got busy with some sandpaper and (insert finishing oil stuff here).

Just a thought.

Ebony boards is nice!

• Members

For guitars, my main desire is a great feeling used LP with a flamed top and either an amber or butterscotoch finish. I really like the Classics with their slime inlays, but I could go for an Historic. The guitar would end up with the BB 1 & 2 combo.

And I must say that I've always liked the looks of the 2 pickup Black Beauty Custom with the gold hardware and aged binding, but I have no desire to have a 11+ pound guitar.

But what I really gas for is amps. I'm pretty happy on the guitar front though I have a tele project slowly in the works.

What I really want is this:

3388359684_28b0937b49_o.jpg

• Members

Bought a Mission Amps 5e3 kit and I'm having someone build it for me since I have zero electronix skillz. GAS is killing me while I wait for the tube wizard (John Freed) to finish up! ;-)

Current dilemma is what speaker to put it it when it's complete, how do you pick from a cast of hundreds??? :-(

• Members

Since I have very little natural talent, I am GAS'ing for skills.

LOL I am with ya' but I am trying :facepalm:

The ol' lady is pitching 1/2 in for a b-day/anniv. present & I want another amp(under $500) and a couple pedals or TC Nova system before we start remodeling the house. Budget is limited to that before the remodeling starts so it has to count :thu:

Guitars I am looking at...

SG White 60's Tribute or SG Standard or Special w/p-90's

Gibson 60's Tribute LP in Honeyburst

Edwards/Orville/Tokai

Schecter Solo 6 or Tempest Custom (Duncans/Ebony FB)

or something killer used....saw a nice Gibson DC for 1K......

!CDojD4!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiME0oRNg+cIBNPN5I4

• Members

LOL I am with ya' but I am trying
:facepalm:

The ol' lady is pitching 1/2 in for a b-day/anniv. present & I want another amp(under $500) and a couple pedals or TC Nova system before we start remodeling the house. Budget is limited to that before the remodeling starts so it has to count
:thu:

Guitars I am looking at...

SG White 60's Tribute or SG Standard or Special w/p-90's

Gibson 60's Tribute LP in Honeyburst

Edwards/Orville/Tokai

Schecter Solo 6 or Tempest Custom (Duncans/Ebony FB)

or something killer used....saw a nice Gibson DC for 1K......

!CDojD4!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiME0oRNg+cIBNPN5I4

Holy crap! I'd take the DC in a second! :love:

EG

Archived