Should there be a maximum age allowed for Rawking The Fark out!! ?

DaveAronow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll feed the troll...why not! :poke:

Rock is about attitude, not age.

The ones who need cut off usually stand out from the crowd because they obviously spend more time trying to look good than sound good.

"But, I've got everything on the check list!"

"Look at these tattoos!"

"Look at my $5,000 rig (that I bring to the local dive)!"

"Look at the crowd of 20 drunken mullets who came out to cheer me on!"

"I Rawk The Fark Out!!"

...sorry dude, you don't rock :lol:

• Members
I mean,at what age do you just start looking silly ?
:rolleyes:

There is an age, its just different for everybody. Its the age that when you look at those that bring the rawk, and laugh a little. I mean, a shirtless dude covered in tats in leather pants, eyeliner, and a cowboy hat was f*cking metal when I was 13, now it just looks like someone trying too hard. ;)

In all seriousness, its all good if it makes you happy. :cool:

• Members

Its all fine at any age on stage or in the studio, its outside in everyday life where seeing someone my age in tight leather pants, half open shirt, makeup and bandanna makes me want to puke.

I mean parties are fine, but people like Brian Robertson sitting in a pub in basically his stage gear & make up are a no no.

You can still look cool of stage without doing the whole "rock star" thang

• Members

Depends, in no small part on the style of music. You can't pull off punk or metal past a certain age, you just start looking like a middle-aged accountant, except you're wearing makeup and leather pants. But you still look like a middle-aged accountant. When the Stones did their "Steel Wheels" tour, I always thought the name was rather unfortunate because looking at Mick and the boys you couldn't help but think of wheelchairs.

For blues, OTOH, there is no upper age limit. An 80-year-old blues man looks perfectly natural.

• Members

Tell me when Rush starts to look like a bunch of fools on stage. Or Jack White for that matter.

I think if you're still creative, still writing songs, putting out records and having fun, there's no limit. But yeah, pretending you're still in your twenties when you're shading 50+ is a recipe for comedy.

• Members

It's not about age, it's about taste. If you're 20 and you think Nickleback is the best band in the world, you have no idea what rock music is and you're going to look like a dork. Regardless of the fact that you're young, you will produce cheesy, crap music because you wouldn't recognize cool music if it jumped up and bit you in the scrot. On the other hand, you could be well into your 50's but if you have good taste, you are forever cool and may rock out as long as you choose. Look at someone like Paul Weller... that guy might be the coolest guy on the planet and he still brings it with new material. You can't argue with that or put an age restriction on it.

I'll feed the troll...why not! :poke:

Rock is about attitude, not age.

The ones who need cut off usually stand out from the crowd because they obviously spend more time trying to look good than sound good.

"But, I've got everything on the check list!"

"Look at these tattoos!"

"Look at my $5,000 rig (that I bring to the local dive)!"

"Look at the crowd of 20 drunken mullets who came out to cheer me on!"

"I Rawk The Fark Out!!"

...sorry dude, you don't rock
:lol:

To an extent, you could say it's about attitude but Attitude X Bad Taste = The Guy In Your Description. It's better to know what sounds good before you even attempt to present yourself on stage and that's true at any age. There are dorks of any and all ages making fools of themselves on stage because they don't GET IT and then you've got the Nick Caves and Tom Waits of the world who are awesome no matter how old they get. It's about all how much of a goddamn clue you have.

Archived