New upgraded Agile Hornet at Rhondo, What do you think?

wanderoo222

• Members

V001.jpg

I love mine. It's the old one. Agathis body weighs about an ounce but is resonant. I like the original neck profile on mine which is more like a comfy fullish C instead of the slim profile that the new ones seem to have.

The stock 2500 series ceramic pups are well liked by me but for my Hornet I threw in some high output (GFS Crusader) jobs that make this thing a metal guitar. That's why I got it and what I use it for. With the original pups it'll do any genre and play well. Binding looks great and overall the fit and finish is as good as or better than any $500-$800 guitar you'll come across.

I would have preferred the ebony board that the new versions come with but the rosewood on mine is fine as well. All told My Hornet is in regular rotation 4 years later..BTW the White does yellow nicely for a vintage look IMO.

• Members

I so love the V guitars, I actually find them a little nicer to play sitting than some other designs since I sit the V over my leg. I just don't think it fits me or the majority of the music I am into. Some day I will add one just for some occasional metal and hard rock though.

• Members

AWFUL.

But it usually IS on a King V or set neck like this.

I have big hands so I really don't have upper fret access issues with many guitars. The Hornet seems fine to me but I could see how a player with smaller hands might find it a stretch.

Archived