Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I think that Ebanol is gonna be the way to go.
    That's what she said

Comment

Thanks etawful for that link.....I just ordered one
      That's what she said

Comment

You sir, just made my day. I've been working on a project for a friend who had a very nice Strat that he wants de-Floyded. This is exactly what I need to finish the neck.

I was thinking about that ebanol nut too for 2 guitars i'm de-floyding. but then i thought, why not just take the top locking part off? it always seemed fine to do that when tuning up from the headstock tuners so why not all the time?

Comment

I was thinking about that ebanol nut too for 2 guitars i'm de-floyding. but then i thought, why not just take the top locking part off? it always seemed fine to do that when tuning up from the headstock tuners so why not all the time?

Have you tried it yet? Seems reasonable, and much much cheaper.
          Listen...

Comment

Yeah I would do that but the neck I'm planning on using doesn't have a nut on it ATM.
            That's what she said

Comment

I had thought about that too. I think that the initial tuning up would only cause so much friction against the metal nut before you locked it down, but if you left it that way, the repeated friction with constant tuning, string bends, etc., would cause a weak point in the string. Maybe not though.

Also, it's ugly as sin. That's probably the real reason for me.

Comment

Working...
              X