Vintage guitar?

zedrahl

• Members

Anyone heard of a 1967-1968 Domino Californian electric guitar and of the value of them? I recently acquired one that I am fixing up but the sound already coming out of it is unbelievable considering it was found in a shed just tossed in with no case. Just curious if it is worth anything.

• Members

I have a LeBan Cyclone that looks nearly identical. Mine came with original flatwounds, vinyl pinstriped gigbag, and matching "Model 43" tube amp.

There were a few Japanese companies making copies of the Vox Phantom (?). I had two Domino's about ten years ago, typical MIJ stuff of that era. But I do like the sound of the pickups on my LeBan... Just wish the neck didn't feel so much like a 2x4.

• Members

Originally posted by zedrahl

Anyone heard of a 1967-1968 Domino Californian electric guitar and of the value of them? I recently acquired one that I am fixing up but the sound already coming out of it is unbelievable considering it was found in a shed just tossed in with no case. Just curious if it is worth anything.

not too much.

they're from the late 60's.

made in japan.

is that the Vox copy?

usually go for under $300.

• Members

The pickups sound great. My guitar that I already owned has humbucker pickups so I am not use to the sound of the single coil pickups, but it is a nice sound. Really can't wait to start restoring this guitar. My only problem is that I am unsure how to paint it and get that beautiful glossy look. Is there a special type of paint I need to get or what?

• 10 months later...
  • Members
  • 3 years later...

Archived