HNGD: Flamey Epi SG

Malcolm Ramone

• Members

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that model a while ago and thought they were pretty slick looking. I recently bought an Epi G-400 w Maestro Trem myself and I had one BB Pro bridge kicking around so I ordered another one for the neck at the same time I bought the guitar. Lately it's been one of my favorite guitars to reach for. I usually wouldn't recommend the BB Pro for an SG, but I'd seen Gibson use them on a couple models so I wanted to give that mix a try. Generally I'd prefer a BB 1 & 2 combo, but I'm enjoying the extra brightness or edgie chime that the slightly more aggressive Alnico V magnets have brought to this guitar whether played clean or with OD.

• Members

Looks sweet! Will Ray ( Hellacasters. MONSTER player) had a series of eBay articles in Guitar Player awhile back. He scored an Epi G-400 and raved about it. Is yours a G-400? I don't REALLY NEED another guitar, I successfully fought a Gretsch and Melody Maker GAS recently. However, Clapton's live tone on Wheels of Fire ( Yeah, I know Disraeli Gears too) was a 'Bucker fitted SG. Righteous! Could a G-400 with appropriate pup upgrade get me close?

Archived